76 International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 76 International

Anyone a Scout fan?" Got a possible trade deal with a friend for a 76 Scout II with a 345 (rebuilt, electronic ignition, 750 rochester quadrajet), 727 torqueflight auto, 4" lift w/ new shocks and 33" goodyear tires, dana 44 front and rear (factory matching gearing). Orange with Jeep TJ interior, heat no a/c, rhinolined interior, little to no rust and black removable top. Seems like a killer deal! Runs awesome. Trading my 99 Kawasaki Drifter 1500. Hes just gunna turn it and sell it for cash. Im pumped!! Pics if I can figure it out to post it.
    Last edited by Tannerm; 01-25-2012, 01:20 AM.

Last edited by Tannerm; 01-25-2012, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Basically looking for opinions. I love those scouts I'm just new to 345's let alone 727's. These suck at resale value? Wats the value of this rig with what little info I had at the time of post?
      Last edited by Tannerm; 01-25-2012, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Jeep TJ
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Does it have the dreaded lifter tap?

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Steve I don't know. I go and see/drive it Thursday evening. I shall listen.
            CJ, what about a TJ? Lol if I could afford a decent 4.0 5sp again, I'd have me one. But this looks like a deal I can't pass up.

Comment

sounds like a good deal to me! i like those

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                Jeep TJ
                Seriously, man. Don't buy anything interesting or mildly unusual, buy the same old shit!

Comment

I would take that rig for a bike any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                    Seriously, man. Don't buy anything interesting or mildly unusual, buy the same old shit!
                    I was referring to the interior, but thanks for your insight.

Let's see that interior.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      I was referring to the interior, but thanks for your insight.

Let's see that interior.
                      Well, shit.

Comment

In due time. I ain't got them pics.

Comment

750 cfm is a bit big for that motor.

Most guys run 500-650cfm.

Although heavy, IH mills are good middle of the road motors.
                          Don't expect high RPMs or HP, but they keep on ticking.

Edit: You can find my Scout here:

Post'em up fellas, old, new, and currently in progress. Let's see the rigs you've built.

Comment

I've always thought Scouts were cool. Hell I even kinda like the old Travelalls too.
                            70' Chevelle RagTop
                            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Personally, I would lose the QJ. Way to big for that motor, you are gonna be wasting fuel and I am not a fan of QJ. Too hard to rebuild and dial in right. They are good if you can get them dialed in. I find Hollys or Edlebrocks easier to deal with for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X