Trip to Philly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to Philly...

So I went to Philly last week for work, and decided to try both Pat's and Geno's cheese steaks to see which was the better of the two. Pat's wins hands down.

I also went to Morimoto's restaurant, and cruised through China Town.

Free beer at hotel check in.

China Town

Pat's Cheese Steaks

DUCK DUCK DUCK - MADRAS ROASTED DUCK BREAST, CONFIT FRIED RICE, DUCK EGG, MANDARIN OOLONG REDUCTION (I also had the following for an appetizer and forgot to grab a pic - 10 Hour Pork - 'KAKUNI' braised pork belly with hot rice porridge)

Pat's Cheese Steak - Wit Onions and Whiz (hot pepper)

Geno's Cheese Steak - Wit Onions and Whiz (hot pepper) - (Geno's puts the Whiz on the bottom, under the meat)

And for breakfast the morning I was leaving... Scrapple

Comment

no cooleyhighharmony, no care

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        no cooleyhighharmony, no care

god bless.
        I drove all over West Philly looking for the Fresh Prince's birth home for a tour. No luck

Comment

boyz ii men, abc, bbd
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

OK, I will just ask, what is a scrapple?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

It's a breakfast staple of Pennsylvania Dutch. Basically a meatloaf type product but made with pork scraps and sausage, and flour to bind it. It's fucking awesome.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I tell you what it tastes like... It tastes like a breakfast sausage meatloaf that's been pan fried so it's crispy on the outside.

What it is... it's cooked pork scraps and flour or cornmeal to bind it, then loafed like meatloaf, and sliced cold, and warmed up on a flat top or deep fried.

Mostly served with breakfast, but I've seen scrapple sandwiches too.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                    Thats cool and all, but I like to keep the conversation going in the thread since someone might ask the same question. Like the above responses. I couldn't get that from just google.

But thanks for taking the time to set that up and post it.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      I tell you what it tastes like... It tastes like a breakfast sausage meatloaf that's been pan fried so it's crispy on the outside.

What it is... it's cooked pork scraps and flour or cornmeal to bind it, then loafed like meatloaf, and sliced cold, and warmed up on a flat top or deep fried.

Mostly served with breakfast, but I've seen scrapple sandwiches too.
                      Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      It's a breakfast staple of Pennsylvania Dutch. Basically a meatloaf type product but made with pork scraps and sausage, and flour to bind it. It's fucking awesome.
                      I must find out how to make this or set a task for the wife to figure it out.

Comment

I must find out how to make this or set a task for the wife to figure it out.
                        A lot of people say it's disgusting and nasty. I say piss on those people. I mean, it's fucking pork loaf! How can that possibly be bad? I'm sure there is terrible scrapple out there, just like with anything else. But all the scrapple I've had is artery clogging awesomeness.

You can buy scrapple online too. They will ship it to you frozen.
                        Last edited by bcoop; 01-25-2012, 10:58 AM.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

There is shitty and good scrapple. Some is the bad scraps and some the good ones.
                          It's better quality than any jimmy dean product but generaly tastes better.

<--Used to live there.
                          Ded

Comment

Yum! I'm jealous. Best cheesesteaks on the planet for sure. I bet that was an easy 5000 calorie day for you at least! Damn calorie count! lol.

Comment

'LE CHEESE STEAK!

Damnit I miss Philly.
                              Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                              Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Working...
                              X