Broncos CB arrested for sexual assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos CB arrested for sexual assault

Denver Broncos rookie cornerback Perrish Cox was arrested Thursday for sexual assault, according to The Denver Post on Friday.

Cox was in Douglas County Detention Center on Friday morning, according to the newspaper, which states that the Broncos' starter was arrested around 10 p.m. Thursday by police in Lone Tree, Colo.

"We are aware of the reports and are currently in the process of gathering information and reviewing the facts," Broncos media relations director Patrick Smyth told The Post on Friday. "We are taking this matter very seriously and are fully cooperating with every aspect of the process."

Cox has 45 tackles and an interception in 11 games this season. The Broncos drafted Cox in the fifth round of the 2010 NFL Draft out of Oklahoma State.

And to think I actually had faith in this kid.

denver has had back luck with cornerbacks. RIP Darrent Willams
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
      denver has had back luck with cornerbacks. RIP Darrent Willams
      I'll second that. RIP D-Will. They certainly lucked out with Champ Bailey though. Future Hall of Famer in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
        I'll second that. RIP D-Will. They certainly lucked out with Champ Bailey though. Future Hall of Famer in my opinion.
        you can make the case that Bailey has been one of the best if not the best cornerback in the nfl in the last 10 years. only guy that is on his level is charles woodson
        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
          you can make the case that Bailey has been one of the best if not the best cornerback in the nfl in the last 10 years. only guy that is on his level is charles woodson
          I just like how he doesn't go talking shit like Darrel Revis. Champ goes out and gives it 100% every game and doesn't say shit. He is the true leader of that defense if you ask me. You also never heard of him and contract issues.

On a side note... I sure do miss the practice battles between Champ vs Marshall. Damn. Can't wait for Miami @ Denver in the near future.
          Last edited by papapepper; 12-10-2010, 11:50 AM.

Comment

I just like how he doesn't go talking shit like Darrel Revis. Champ goes out and gives it 100% every game and doesn't say shit. He is the true leader of that defense if you ask me. You also never heard of him and contract issues.
            lead by example not by your voice
            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Tip drill?
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                Tip drill?
                lol
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

No roethlisberger joke? Y'all is slackin'!
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Girls like the Cox, he shouldn't get in trouble!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                      Girls like the Cox, he shouldn't get in trouble!
                      lol
                      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Denver Broncos rookie cornerback Perrish Cox was arrested Thursday for sexual assault, according to The Denver Post on Friday.

Cox was in Douglas County Detention Center on Friday morning, according to the newspaper, which states that the Broncos' starter was arrested around 10 p.m. Thursday by police in Lone Tree, Colo.

"We are aware of the reports and are currently in the process of gathering information and reviewing the facts," Broncos media relations director Patrick Smyth told The Post on Friday. "We are taking this matter very seriously and are fully cooperating with every aspect of the process."

Cox has 45 tackles and an interception in 11 games this season. The Broncos drafted Cox in the fifth round of the 2010 NFL Draft out of Oklahoma State.
                        And to think I actually had faith in this kid.

He was nothing but trouble at osu. gundy finally had to kick him off the team before the cotton bowl game. pretty sure they would not even let him work out for the scouts with the rest of the team.

Comment

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos rookie cornerback Perrish Cox could face up to life in prison if convicted of sexual assault charges filed by prosecutors last week.

A portion of the case unsealed by a Douglas County judge Tuesday shows the sexual assault charges are Class 3 and Class 4 felonies, which carry a sentence of between two years to life in prison. They involve a helpless victim.

Other details of the case remain sealed.

The alleged offense occurred Sept. 6 and was reported Oct. 28.

Cox, who played in the Broncos' loss to the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday, is free on $50,000 bail.

Cox could face a four-game suspension from the NFL next season for violating the league's personal conduct code. Commissioner Roger Goodell doesn't need for a player to be convicted to punish him.

The district attorney's office has declined to comment on the charges. Cox defense attorney Vince Buckmelter did not immediately return a message left at his office.

In addition to a lengthy prison sentence if convicted, Cox could also face 10 years to life of probation.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

Comment

dont drop the soap or you'll get the cox
                            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Cut him. He sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X