powerglide crossmember mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powerglide crossmember mount

what trans mount can i pick up that will get me close to where I need to be in a 85 5.0 with a power glide?

I'm not sure how far off it is from a stock T5/AOD... but Ford sells an adjustable crossmember just like the stock piece - just not welded. It allows 3-4" of adjustment if I recall correctly.

Summit has a billet piece for double the money

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
      I'm not sure how far off it is from a stock T5/AOD... but Ford sells an adjustable crossmember just like the stock piece - just not welded. It allows 3-4" of adjustment if I recall correctly.

Summit has a billet piece for double the money
      http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-770330/
      I'm gonna use the stock 5.0 cross member. I dont know what trans mount to buy for the glide.

Comment

Oh, gotcha - misread the question...

Comment

just go to orielys an tell them you need one for a power glide. They can look it up with a 70's model car. It should not be that hard to find.
          JamesB Chassis is looking for a fabricator/general shop help, call or PM for info.

Comment

powerglides use the same mounts as TH350/400's. I used the poly mount oreillys has on their wall of performance parts. I forget the part number off hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
              powerglides use the same mounts as TH350/400's. I used the poly mount oreillys has on their wall of performance parts. I forget the part number off hand.
              I found it. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X