MSR-C HPDE March 17th/18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSR-C HPDE March 17th/18th

Is anyone going to make it out to the NASA HPDE out at MSR?
    I am going with a few buddies, just trying to see if any of my dfwm friends are going or are interested.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
    Is anyone going to make it out to the NASA HPDE out at MSR?
    I am going with a few buddies, just trying to see if any of my dfwm friends are going or are interested.
    I'm trying to get the mustang put back together for the race event that weekend. Too many custom parts that aren't showing up. Worst case, I'll get the camaro ready and bring it to shake down the rebuilt shocks.

Hope to be there.

Comment

Gonna try to get out there and get my NASA license, if the car is ready. If not I will probably go and hang out, hand out business cards.
      Last edited by CYAZ06; 02-09-2012, 09:06 PM.
      "Racing is life.....everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen

Comment

I'll be checking my scheduling to see if I can spectate this one.

Comment

I might ride out to see what its all about.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
            I'll be checking my scheduling to see if I can spectate this one.
            Originally posted by Baron View Post
            I might ride out to see what its all about.
            I might do the same if I'm not working that Saturday.

Comment

I work every Saturday, but I'm off by 3.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                I'm trying to get the mustang put back together for the race event that weekend. Too many custom parts that aren't showing up. Worst case, I'll get the camaro ready and bring it to shake down the rebuilt shocks.

Hope to be there.
                camaro?

Comment

Originally posted by Cheezebandit View Post
                  camaro?
                  Wife's race car! ST1 camaro that is about to panted Panther Pink. I'm blessed with a wife with a car that should be faster than mine! LOL!

Loren, it's about damn time you get that NASA license. If you get any backlash from the guys who are signing you off, have them speak to me. I'll sign off on you to start your provisional. Which class are you going to run? ST1 or AIX....? I don't think anyone is running AIX this year so easy championship. There are a couple of vipers and vettes in ST1 to atleast play with. Let's chat offline and get you placed where there will be tire money.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                    Wife's race car! ST1 camaro that is about to panted Panther Pink. I'm blessed with a wife with a car that should be faster than mine! LOL!

Loren, it's about damn time you get that NASA license. If you get any backlash from the guys who are signing you off, have them speak to me. I'll sign off on you to start your provisional. Which class are you going to run? ST1 or AIX....? I don't think anyone is running AIX this year so easy championship. There are a couple of vipers and vettes in ST1 to atleast play with. Let's chat offline and get you placed where there will be tire money.
                    Sounds good Matt. I was thinking AIX because of all the chassis modifications. With my World Challenge set up (inner subframes, longer rear control arms), is ST1 possible?

Give me a buzz when you have some time and we can go over this.
                    "Racing is life.....everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen

Comment

Originally posted by CYAZ06 View Post
                      Sounds good Matt. I was thinking AIX because of all the chassis modifications. With my World Challenge set up (inner subframes, longer rear control arms), is ST1 possible?

Give me a buzz when you have some time and we can go over this.
                      I'll have to look at the ST rules again but I think the through the floor subs just carry a penalty and not illegal. it would suck to run in AIX and not get any tire money. Other option is to run STU and there are a couple cars but are likely faster than you....think Radicals and really fast Ferrari.

I'll give you a shout Monday or tuesday to discuss once I read back over the rules and points system. to be honest, i don't think anyone would care about the subs.

edit: read appendix A in the ST rules. through the floor subs get a -.2 to the factor....no problem!
                      Last edited by aggie97; 02-10-2012, 02:37 PM.

Comment

i bought an evo and would like to play. gonna read about this event.
                        www.hppmotorsports.com
                        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                          i bought an evo and would like to play. gonna read about this event.
                          Find a link? I looked around very briefly but didn't run across anything.

Comment

http://www.nasatx.com/

Here is the N.A.S.A Texas website.

Comment

HPDE

High Performance Driver Education
                              A minimum of 8 track sessions per weekend
                              A minimum of 2 hours and 40 minutes of track time
                              Over 2 hours of professionally led classroom/track-side instruction
                              Learning tools: Informative and helpful handouts
                              Accomplishment: HPDE Passport Booklet to track your progress
                              3 Distinct Level Run Groups:
                              HPDE1 & HPDE2 Beg / Novice with instructors and lead/follows
                              HPDE3 Intermediate - The "FUN" group with passing exercises, AMB laptimes and Data Acquisition;
                              HPDE4 Advanced; Only for the most advanced drivers ready for open passing
                              HPDE1 Instructor - assigned to work with you - One on One, they are yours for the day!
                              Fun for family and friends
                              The ability to gain approval to move forward in receiving your
                              NASA Time Trials or Provisional Competition License
                              For more information visit the NASA HPDE site.
                              www.hppmotorsports.com
                              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                              X