No racing today in denton !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No racing today in denton !!!!

They called off racing today in Denton at Northstar . Due to weather conditions , so dont waste your time goin to track today!

Originally posted by wills94gt View Post
    They called off racing today in Denton at Northstar . Due to weather conditions , so dont waste your time goin to track today!
    Yes we did. Cold front is already starting to push through Sanger.

Comment

fuck!! i was gonna watch my buddy race his coupe
      Last edited by Stephen; 12-11-2010, 09:15 AM.
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Damn, I hope the weather holds for next weekend.

Comment

Damnit... I was going up there too.
          2004 Cobra
          www.boostedgt.com
          www.teamzmotorsports.net

Comment

Just wondering what "weather" conditions caused the track to close?
            2004 Cobra
            www.boostedgt.com
            www.teamzmotorsports.net

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedGT View Post
              Just wondering what "weather" conditions caused the track to close?
              I think it is the cold...

Comment

Originally posted by redfirevert View Post
                I think it is the cold...
                Oh just wondering. It was low 60's at 3pm. Seems like good weather to me.
                2004 Cobra
                www.boostedgt.com
                www.teamzmotorsports.net

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedGT View Post
                  Oh just wondering. It was low 60's at 3pm. Seems like good weather to me.
                  Yes sir I agree with you 100%, I think they thought that cold front was coming and it didnt. I hope the 60's hold for next Sat. at Crandall.

Comment

Sorry guys. It was one of those deals where the forecast said it was going to be colder than it was Friday Night, and front was supposed drop temps to the 40s by 4pm, with a 20-30 mph north (cross) wind. After the extremely low turnout we saw Friday Night with similar or better weather, we figured no one wanted to race in the cold. I was surprised that it stayed reletively mild for so long after the wind came out of the north though. I was told it got REALLY cold in Denton at about 4:30.

We'll be back up and running after the first of the year. We have our annual track banquet next weekend

Comment

Originally posted by NSNick View Post
                      Sorry guys. It was one of those deals where the forecast said it was going to be colder than it was Friday Night, and front was supposed drop temps to the 40s by 4pm, with a 20-30 mph north (cross) wind. After the extremely low turnout we saw Friday Night with similar or better weather, we figured no one wanted to race in the cold. I was surprised that it stayed reletively mild for so long after the wind came out of the north though. I was told it got REALLY cold in Denton at about 4:30.

We'll be back up and running after the first of the year. We have our annual track banquet next weekend
                      No problem Nick. I wasn't trying to bash your decision. Just wasn't sure if there was another reason or if it was due to the cold. See ya next year.
                      2004 Cobra
                      www.boostedgt.com
                      www.teamzmotorsports.net

Comment

I got a mass email from NSD that the track is closed until Jan.

Comment

Working...
                        X