No announcement yet.

anyone ever gone to south by southwest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone ever gone to south by southwest?

I heard about south by southwest in austin, texas march 14-18th this year but I was wondering if its worth the drive and the money.
    Has anyone gone before? I was thinking about going for my bday present to myself but I want to know if it's as badass as everyone says. I hear people come from all over and that the whole town is packed during it, but I've only gone to south by so what so I dont know.

I just want to get out of this town and have a good time for a few days.
    jealous fucks you amuse me

Wharz tits? ¯\_ ( ' ; ' ) _/¯
    sigpic

Comment

Been many times. It's definitely worth it, and it isn't just for music. They also have a film festival that ranks up there with the Cannes and Tribeca if you like watching independent movies. I might be able to get the hook up. I'll shoot you a PM.

Comment

>>Enter blacked out VW joke here<<

Comment

You've only gone to south by, but you're asking what south by is like? English, motherfucker: get a better grasp of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
            You've only gone to south by, but you're asking what south by is like? English, motherfucker: get a better grasp of it.
            Yes. I have only gone to South by So What.
            I've never been to South by Southwest.
            I don't get what you don't understand.

They are two completely different events.
            Why do I have to explain everything to you?
            jealous fucks you amuse me

Comment

South by so what is a show a local promoter throws every year around the same time as SXSW, but gayer.

Britty, depends on who you want to go see, if it's a bunch of different bands, good luck seeing them all since there are so many different stages playing at once, it can be a bitch to navigate through, and can end up being pretty expensive.

Comment

I got something you can go south on

Comment

Originally posted by britty-ann View Post
                  I heard about south by southwest in austin, texas march 14-18th this year but I was wondering if its worth the drive and the money.
                  Has anyone gone before? I was thinking about going for my bday present to myself but I want to know if it's as badass as everyone says. I hear people come from all over and that the whole town is packed during it, but I've only gone to south by so what so I dont know.

I just want to get out of this town and have a good time for a few days.
                  It's awesome, just research who you want to see ahead of time.
                  Ded

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                    South by so what is a show a local promoter throws every year around the same time as SXSW, but gayer.
                    That's the gayest fucking shit I've ever heard of.

Comment

If you like live bands, there will be plenty to see. I'm not a fan of crowds so I tend to stay away. But my gf and her work friends like to see certain bands so we swim through the crowds only for a specific place and time.
                      Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

That's the gayest fucking shit I've ever heard of.
                        Does that mean you're going?

Comment

It increases traffic here. Basically it shuts down downtown Austin for three days and the hipster population grows substantially. Not a huge fan. Then again, I live here and I'm basing this opinion on the fact that it inconveniences me. Other than that, I've heard it's a lot of fun. Especially if you like shitty music being played by faggots wearing scarfs when it's 80 degrees outside.
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I'm thinking about going this year, since I have a friend moving to Austin Mar 1st - but I haven't heard of a single one of the bands they've posted so far. I am going to have to you tube what they're calling headliners to see if it's worth the trip...

Comment

Looked at the list of bands and out of the hundred bands playing, Scale the Summit would be the only one worth seeing.
                              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
                              X