Getting my ass kicked by the glide this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting my ass kicked by the glide this morning

I thought I was going to have this f'ing transmission in before lunch time but its been nothing but pain in the ass after pain in the ass.

My question is can I cut this ear off the side? See picture below. I'm going to run a cheeta shifter but its at my dads and I cant remember if it needs to bolt to something like that or if it had a bracket that bolted to the trans pan bolts. Also it looks like im going to have to BFH around the shifter bracket. Are there any other hurdles I can get a handle on before I try and put this thing back in?
    Thanks
    -Nick

I cant see your pic, I must be blocked from that site up here at work but when I put a Cheetah shifter on my glide it just bolted right up. I looked through my pics but I dont have one of bracket thats bolted to the pan.

Just have to make sure the arm that is bolted to the tranny has a hole marked for a cheetah (I cant remember if the shifter came with one) otherwise the throw will be off.

Comment

Just saw the pic on my phone. Yeah you cut that tab off but you shouldn't need to. Get the bracket and try it out. Running shifter cables sucks but it shouldn't be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
        Just saw the pic on my phone. Yeah you cut that tab off but you shouldn't need to. Get the bracket and try it out. Running shifter cables sucks but it shouldn't be tough.
        The main thing i had a question about was if that ear/bracket could be cut off or if it was needed for the shifter linkage. I went ahead and cut it off and BFH'ed the trans tunnel to clear the leaver on the side of the trans. Its in now and life is good. Too bad it took three hours past what I had hoped for.

Comment

I know it's already fixed, but yeah, that ear has to go on a fox. Second, the shifter linkage is always up against the tunnel, you did it as right as anyone else would.

Comment

Working...
          X