Another question... Rearends!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question... Rearends!

Found a decent deal on a ford 9 inch with 3.70 gears. 28 splines. Complete drum to drum. What all needs to be done to swap it out with my 8 inch. Do leaf springs have to come off? Whatabout brake lines and such. Thanks again.

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
    Found a decent deal on a ford 9 inch with 3.70 gears. 28 splines. Complete drum to drum. What all needs to be done to swap it out with my 8 inch. Do leaf springs have to come off? Whatabout brake lines and such. Thanks again.
    Do you know what it came out of i.e year,make,and model? If the leaf spring pads don't line up with your leaf springs you will have to weld new ones on or move your old ones over. If you have not purchased it yet measure the spring pad width on yours and then on the 9".The leaf springs do not have to come out but this would be a good time to change the bushings in them they have a big affect on how the car rides. Brake lines do have to come off as well and should be reusable on it. Other than that it is just shocks,E-brake, and drive shaft Tanner.
    sigpic

Comment

It is coming off a 69 ford truck

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
        It is coming off a 69 ford truck
        Way too much work to put in your Fairlane. They are wider, spring perches are different, brakes are huge and the lug pattern is different.

As a minumum, you would need axles, brakes, narrow it and relocate the perches.

Comment

Working...
        X