Got my 2012 5.0 dyno today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my 2012 5.0 dyno today

Got it done at TrueSteet. This is the only pic I have right now. I need to scan the dyno graph to put on my laptop and I'll post that so you can see the graph better. I'm happy with the numbers considering the car is bone stock.
    Attached Files
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Looks about right for a stocker, good numbers.

Comment

So these 5.0's at least the manual ones make about 440-450 hp and 430-440 tq at the motor?

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

Comment

Real nice. Mine made 390/371 on the same dyno.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Nice... I'm guessing my auto will be closer to 360-365 rwhp.... If you get a tune, do you have to buy the SCT tuner, or will the shop just flash your computer with their hardware? I know, silly question, but I've got a switchchip on my '91...

Comment

Damn, guys. Whats a tune worth on these stockers?

Comment

Mine makes 436 at the wheels with a canned tune from VMP. They respond well to tuners that know how to tweak them.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
                Mine makes 436 at the wheels with a canned tune from VMP. They respond well to tuners that know how to tweak them.
                VMP? And yours made that with only a tune?

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                  Damn, guys. Whats a tune worth on these stockers?
                  30-40 peak hp is pretty common. So is ~50tq at a few points under the curve.

It really seems like the tune is the single biggest improvement you can make. CAIs, headers, x and h pipes, mufflers are all available but don't really seem to make a lot more power over the stock parts.

Comment

interesting.

i made one pull (though i paid for 3) at Dynosaur last May and my car saw 387 @ the tire with a JLT CAI and BBR email tune. Manual tranny with 3.73's.

Granted, their dyno "broke" after that pull (i didn't get a torque read out) so it could be possible that it may not have been functioning 100%.

I would be interested in making a pull at T/S and see where I'm at now with the x-pipe. Still running the BBR canned tune.

I know the car's making decent power...it went 111 mph in 105 degree heat last summer.

OP, how high did they spin your car to? it looks like it was only taken to just over 6k?
                    2011 Mustang GT
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
                      interesting.

i made one pull (though i paid for 3) at Dynosaur last May and my car saw 387 @ the tire with a JLT CAI and BBR email tune. Manual tranny with 3.73's.

Granted, their dyno "broke" after that pull (i didn't get a torque read out) so it could be possible that it may not have been functioning 100%.

I would be interested in making a pull at T/S and see where I'm at now with the x-pipe. Still running the BBR canned tune.

I know the car's making decent power...it went 111 mph in 105 degree heat last summer.

OP, how high did they spin your car to? it looks like it was only taken to just over 6k?
                      They only ran it to 6100 rpms cause the governor kicked in. Clint at Truestreet said those really aren't my true peak numbers cause the numbers are still climbing till 7100 rpms.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                        They only ran it to 6100 rpms cause the governor kicked in. Clint at Truestreet said those really aren't my true peak numbers cause the numbers are still climbing till 7100 rpms.
                        hell yeah. i picked up 2-3 mph increasing my shift points from 67-6800 rpm to 7300.
                        2011 Mustang GT
                        sigpic

Comment

Everyone going to Northstar on 3/3 for the Cruise? I'll be there.

I also want to run the quarter soon to see what it does on the big end. So far it's been 7.98/88.

Comment

Those are great numbers, shit all of these posts. I was dead set on selling my Mach 1 in a year or so to get a Terminator but I might have to consider one of these...

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Religion View Post
                              Those are great numbers, shit all of these posts. I was dead set on selling my Mach 1 in a year or so to get a Terminator but I might have to consider one of these...
                              Its worth it, you are geting the same HP @ the wheels as a Termy and better MPG's for sure. You can make more HP per mod on the Termy, but they require 93 and depending on the mods, you will have to raise the octane via Torco or similar.

Its hard to find Termys that are not abused or modded and the low milage ones are still around mid 20k's, fuck that. Give me the same HP at the wheels, a 50k warranty, better looks IMO, and 32mpg with a A6 for the same money (or a little more) as a 7-8 year old car with 1970's unibody.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X