Need amp advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need amp advice.

I'm finally getting around to replacing my system that was jacked earlier this year and I'm down to my sub amp.

I really don't want to spend the money on another Jl 500/1 so I'm looking for close alternatives.
    Been looking at the Alpine V series 500.1 but have never used anything but jl and don't know much about any of the others.

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to go back with a single 12 again or maybe do dual 10's

I listen to Metal all the time and I'm not trying to have everyone around me feel it, I just want it to hit hard and sound clear for me.

500/1 is a solid choice, but you already know that. If you like JL, check out their XD line. They are a little bit cheaper than the Slash stuff, I believe.

Comment

A friend has a brand new Phoenix gold 600.1 but I don't know shit about them. I can get it in trade and would only have about 125 tied up in it again don't know if it's any good or not

Comment

I'd recommend an alpine head unit any day of the week, but the amps I have not had good luck with.

Comment

I have a used 500 watt Rockford Fosgate Punch P500-2 amp for sale, I'm asking $120 obo pics below:
          RF Link

As you can see it is a little beat up but works great.

Comment

New JL Audio XD600/1 is a great amp. On a budget, The Alpine MRP-M500 is fine. Both need a 2 ohm load to get all the power out of them so you'll need to select a 2 ohm woofer if you're running a single.

Comment

Originally posted by slow55 View Post
              A friend has a brand new Phoenix gold 600.1 but I don't know shit about them. I can get it in trade and would only have about 125 tied up in it again don't know if it's any good or not
              I know PG used to be the shit back about 10 yrs ago. I had a XS6600.1 (I think that was the model) 6 channel amp that pushed about 1k watts and ran my whole system in my Jeep. RF used to be the best about 5 yrs before that, but were crap around the time I got my PG. I can't remember Alpine ever making a decent amp. I have no idea what's good now though, that industry changes every year... You may want to chat with EW on here about them.
              Whippled '06 by Gearheads - 474rwhp 450rwtq @ 10psi and a few other Borla/Steeda/BMR/CHE/Tokico mods...

Gearheads Dyno Video

Comment

Working...
              X