Ford Racing Z363 Crate Engine Dyno #s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Racing Z363 Crate Engine Dyno #s

Ok.....first of all......this post shouldn't be pestered by force induction comments. Simply because N/A is the only way to go when you have to run the car at close to full throttle for at least 20 minutes.

Now...on to business.

Here is the crate motor: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=13117

I added:

Victor 5.0 Intake
    80MM Throttle Body
    90MM MAF
    42LB Injectors

1 - 7/8 Stainless Works Long Tube Headers
    Side Exit Dr. Gas "Boom Tube"

And here are the #s.

Not bad for a 3,000 lb slot car.......
    "Racing is life.....everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen

Very nice numbers! That is what I am shooting for except I want over 400 tq with a 347 ci.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
      Very nice numbers! That is what I am shooting for except I want over 400 tq with a 347 ci.
      Cool. I was going to go with the 347, but wanted a little more high end HP for the straights, and low end torque to come out of the corners. I could probably squeeze this a little more to get 400TQ, but 388 is cool enough for me.

Side note.....you building the 347? I know that FRPP doesn't sell it anymore due to the release of the 363.
      Last edited by CYAZ06; 02-16-2012, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Yeah its already running. Thus far it laid down 420/370 to the tires on a bone stock computer tune with 8 degrees base timing. I plan to change the cam out, it makes power all the way to 7k and doesnt stop pulling, im afraid the block is going to break soon. would like to see 450 hp 400 tq to the tires. Im using chinese pro comp heads, anderson cam, spyder intake, 90mm tb, lightning mass air, 1 3/4 lts with 2 1/2 exhaust. Thinking 3 inch exhaust, cam swap, and possibly an intake swap should get me to my goals.

Comment

Oh and all this while retaining all factory ammenties, a/c heat, stereo system, etc. Car is geared towards handling, hoping to hit a few tracks this year for some fun.

Comment

Nice. Good stuff.

I went to 6500 and it was still pulling as well. Gotta love that....

Comment

Nice. That's even more HP than my LS2 with a camshaft change....

Comment

Really nice power and very interesting valve covers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                  Really nice power and very interesting valve covers.
                  Yeah.....the BOSS Ford Racing covers are awesome. I like how they are flat on top. Only downfall is that they wont fit with most EFI set ups. I got lucky because I am using the Victor intake with shorter runners. Performer RPM, RPM2, Trickflow, Cobra.....won't work.

Comment

That intake sure is nice!

Comment

Are you using a torque-arm or a custom three link setup to go along with the watts link?

Comment

Pm3l

Comment

Originally posted by JohnTheAggie View Post
                          Are you using a torque-arm or a custom three link setup to go along with the watts link?
                          Torque arm.....only way to go. Upper control arms are very inadequate compared to a torque arm.

Comment

So what's the scuttlebutt on those Z heads? Do a lot of racers run them? I found them online for $699 assembled (each), and I'm wondering if they're worth it.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                            X