Vikings stadium roof collapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vikings stadium roof collapse

Don't know if this is old news or not - but I was watching channel 8 and they just said part of the roof of Vikings stadium collapsed from the snowstorm...

It's "old" in the sense that I posted something about it in another thread, but only just a few minutes ago.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
      It's "old" in the sense that I posted something about it in another thread, but only just a few minutes ago.
      Dangit. That's what I thought. Oh well, one of these days I'll deliver some interesting news first! When did it happen? So glad I live in Texas now instead of back home in Iowa! Snowstorms can be awful.

Comment

The stadium had enough and said "Fuck it - Favre will never play another game here EVER."

Comment

Cheap ass stadium. Lol at giants and vikes playing at a college stadium in -3 degree weather

Comment

Favre has his deal with the devil in full effect. He wants 301 games started going out. An outdoor game in temps like that with snow and wind = running game.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
              Cheap ass stadium. Lol at giants and vikes playing at a college stadium in -3 degree weather

That makes me very happy. That is what football should be played in at this time of the year in places like Minnesota and New York, not this comfy 70* climate controlled environment bullshit.

That is also why I was thrilled to hear about the SB in 2014 at the new Meadowlands Stadium that has no roof, as both teams will be forced to play in whatever elements mother nature dishes out that day.

Comment

Imagine the law suit if that stadiums roof collapsed during a game.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post

The NFL just said that this game will be played at Ford Field in Detroit on Monday night. Fuck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                    The NFL just said that this game will be played at Ford Field in Detroit on Monday night. Fuck!!
                    Ha, that will be the emptiest NFL stadium we have ever seen.

Comment

Anyone see the video of the collapse?
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh5iE...ayer_embedded#!

Comment

You would think the dumbasses would have thermal cable running through that dome, to melt the snow that accumulated on the top. Especially being in MN, and especially on a roof with no support.

derp derp derp
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          You would think the dumbasses would have thermal cable running through that dome, to melt the snow that accumulated on the top. Especially being in MN, and especially on a roof with no support.

derp derp derp
                          That would cost money.

You know those LA firms are calling the Vikings owner today. What an opportunity to jump on.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

derp derp derp

How would you run thermal cable in an inflatable dome? Don't you think that would effect the integrity?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                              How would you run thermal cable in an inflatable dome? Don't you think that would effect the integrity?
                              Sew in seams, and run the cable through the seems. As far as messing with the integrity, no, not really. Just use a high temp, durable material for the dome (they likely already did, due to sun exposure and surface temps during the summer). Of course, you don't have to run a ton of juice through it for it to do it's job. Thermal cable is a passive, gentle heat. It's not going to melt shit or anything as long as they don't over do the kW running through it. It's the exact same stuff that Lambeau has running under the grass.

I guess that would be asking too much, though. After all, these geniuses are the ones that made the intelligent decision to use an inflatable dome in a spot where it snows a ton, etc. That was just a bad idea to begin with. I bet they run some thermal cable once they repair the hole though! lulz
                              Last edited by bcoop; 12-12-2010, 03:59 PM.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X