HK P7 refinished.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HK P7 refinished.

My carry P7 was showing quite a bit of wear. So I did a lot of research and although most advise against it I had my P7 refinished. Believe it or not, the guy who I sent it to is one of two who can prep guns for ION bond coatings. I talked to the guy for a while and found that he had been a gunsmith for a very long time, but had never heard of a P7.... Maybe I should have stopped right there but I like to learn the hard way.

So I sent him the gun in early December. I wasn't worried about the time so long as it didn't get ridiculous. He warned me that it would take a couple of months.

I just got back off of travel and the gun got back while I was gone (wife accepted it.) When I first pulled it out of the safe, something didn't feel right. The squeeze cocker wasn't de-cocking when let go. It was just not going all the way forward. Anyways, after getting on the phone with the guy I dealt with and an hour or so of looking around and discussing it we figured it out. Part of a spring was on the wrong side of a roll pin. No big deal, 5 min fix. Now it feels like new. I have yet to fire it, but don't really have any doubts about it. And when I sent it to him I didn't include the grips so that is the reason that he didn't test fire it. Overall I'm happy. The coating is supposed to be very very durable, only time will tell though.

The guys info is:

Chad Buie
    Club Custom Guns
    2725 Denton Rd.
    Denton NC, 27239

The finish is called ION bond

Although there was one small glitch, I would highly recommend him. Communication was as good as it gets, which means a lot to me. Let me know what yall think.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Before and after pics? Wasn't that your stainless P7?

Comment

No, this one was the "plum" colored one. I have a stainless and a chrome one too. This one is my primary cary gun, so I needed a finish that would hold up to daily duty. I'll see if I can find some before pics of it though.
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Here are a couple of pics. I am kicking myself in the ass for not taking some good before pics. I sent it out last minute before we went on vacation, and just didn't think about taking pics until it was gone.

04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Dude, your collection fucking rocks, and that P7 you had redone is incredible!
          Last edited by Moose242; 02-24-2012, 12:07 PM.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            Dude, your collection fucking rocks, and that P7 you had redone if incredible!
            Man, coming from you that means a ton. I figured you might like the one I had re-finished. I just test fired it and it shoots just as good as it did before. I still can't believe that you don't have a P7.
            04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
              Man, coming from you that means a ton. I figured you might like the one I had re-finished. I just test fired it and it shoots just as good as it did before. I still can't believe that you don't have a P7.
              You know I have always wanted one, but I just have not found one in good enough condition around here for a fair price.

Also, I am moving to Australia in August so I really have no motivation to buy new pistols

Comment

Am I retarded or are those bullets fed into the mag backwards???
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Damn, are you moving for good?

Well, if you ever find a beat up one for a good price I know where you can have it refinished, lol.

Also, I'm going to take some pics of the internals to show how they are wearing and post them up here soon. I have to go clean it now.
                  04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                    I'm going to give DOHCTR about 20 mins to field that one. But if he doesn't I will, lol.

And regardless of the bullets, you might just be a little on the retarded side!
                    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Haha, it is an old HK joke.

H&K paid some advertising agency to do a magazine photo ad of the p2000, and they (not knowing much about firearms) put the ammunition in the magazine backwards-

It is a running gag among the HK folks.

Comment

Damn, are you moving for good?

Well, if you ever find a beat up one for a good price I know where you can have it refinished, lol.

Also, I'm going to take some pics of the internals to show how they are wearing and post them up here soon. I have to go clean it now.
                        Cool deal man. And I am not moving for good, only for a year. I have a job locked in with General Electric down there.

Should only be a year but who knows, I may come to like it or knock up some Aussie chick, haha.

Comment

Haha, it is an old HK joke.

H&K paid some advertising agency to do a magazine photo ad of the p2000, and they (not knowing much about firearms) put the ammunition in the magazine backwards-

It is a running gag among the HK folks.
                          Oh ok, hahahaha, that's choice.

I was about to start a "this is why HK guys think Glocks misfire all the time" joke
                          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                          dont downshift!!

Comment

I'm going to give DOHCTR about 20 mins to field that one. But if he doesn't I will, lol.

And regardless of the bullets, you might just be a little on the retarded side!
                            I'm not retarded. I'm special. I even have the paperwork to prove it!
                            dont downshift!!

Comment

Cool deal man. And I am not moving for good, only for a year. I have a job locked in with General Electric down there.

Should only be a year but who knows, I may come to like it or knock up some Aussie chick, haha.
                              Cool man. Well they have the internet there, don't be a stranger. And Australia is way better than the place that GE sent my buddy when they picked him up. His poor ass had to go to Saudi Arabia.

Also, be careful with the Aussie chicks. We (the navy) pull in there sometimes and everyone says that the Aussie guys treat them like garbage, so if you open a door or take them to dinner that is big for them. I also hear they like the brothers, so if you feel like spending a lot of time with a magic marker you might have a better chance!!

I'm not retarded. I'm special. I even have the paperwork to prove it!
                              Why do I believe you?
                              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Working...
                              X