Pic of my newest Ar project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic of my newest Ar project

I got in on a 3800 acre lease in San Saba. Im only interested in killing hogs, not much of a dear hunter. So I figured it gave me a reason to build a new rifle. I decided on 6.8mm. The scope is coming off as soon as I decide on a 1-4x, I robbed it off one of my .308 bolt guns.

Opinions?

Specs:
    Surplus lower
    DPMS lpk ( I've already replaced most of the pieces cause they were shit, new trigger on the way)
    Wilson Combat 18in barrel
    Stag bolt
    VTAC handguard
    Magpul ACS butt stock

Last edited by bigshoe; 02-29-2012, 07:45 PM.

Where is the Like button?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I have seen those stocks but I do not understand what makes themso much more than a MOE or other Magpul stock ??
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Quadforce View Post
        I have seen those stocks but I do not understand what makes themso much more than a MOE or other Magpul stock ??
        I liked it cause it was heavier than the others and it has a lock to take the slack up when you adjust it. Hell the only thing Ive put in the storage compartments was a scope cleaning cloth.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          Where is the Like button?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
          Thanks Keith, If it passes your critique, I figure its good to go.

Comment

NICE!!! that's exactly what my 6.8 will look. i have the same stock too.

what size barrel is that?
            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

18 in 1 in 11

Comment

Good looking rifle. One of these days when Rock River varmint uppers are back in stock, I'll build something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
                  Good looking rifle. One of these days when Rock River varmint uppers are back in stock, I'll build something similar.
                  I would just buy all the parts and build it from scratch myself.

Comment

That's what I'm gonna do. I'm using one of the lowers and parts kit from the group buy. Just need the upper, stock, scope mount and bipod. I'm not in that big of a hurry though, considering I have other builds going on at the same time. Guess you can say I'll complete the rifles as soon as parts come available.

Comment

Good looking rifle. Now I'm re-considering 6.8...
                      Originally posted by soap View Post
                      NICE!!! that's exactly what my 6.8 will look before I tack on $800 worth of tacticool junk. i have the same stock too.
                      Fixed?
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

How much did that box of 6.8 Hornady run you?
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
                          ...The scope is coming off as soon as I decide on a 1-4x, I robbed it off one of my .308 bolt guns...
                          if you decide on the SWFA SS 1-4x24 scope, then e-mail me for a coupon code for online orders...

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
                            That's what I'm gonna do. I'm using one of the lowers and parts kit from the group buy. Just need the upper, stock, scope mount and bipod. I'm not in that big of a hurry though, considering I have other builds going on at the same time. Guess you can say I'll complete the rifles as soon as parts come available.
                            He's talking about building the upper from parts too, not buying a complete one.
                            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                              He's talking about building the upper from parts too, not buying a complete one.
                              Guess I misunderstood what he was stating. I may consider that, just need some tools first. Vice is the main thing I need, I'll still need the armorers tool and vice block.

Comment

Working...
                              X