Body filler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body filler

What does everyone like for lightweight filler? I see all these tv shows where the guys spread the green filler over the whole panel and sculpt it that way. Is that a sturdy thing to do or is it a 6 month fix? Reason I ask is that my dad's '38 truck looks like someone tap danced on the roof and the bed was roughly home made. It waves at you when you go in the garage. Thanks!
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

i always used this stuff

Comment

Evercoat is pretty nice stuff. I'm far from an expert though.

Comment

when we were building my car we used this expensive ass shit.

filler is filler, just some is easier to knock down than others. We used feather fill which is a high build primer. Its basically body filler you can spray on.

We would spray feather fill, block the whole car, add filler where needed, spray feather fill again, etc.

Comment

I used the rage buzzo posted link to... Good stuff I like it. I ordered it through the orielys hub store in arlingt off matlock. They have a bunch of the different grit rolls of sand paper for sanding blocks as well.

Comment

Ecercoat/thread
            2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
            2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
            2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I tend to like the Evercoat products the best, specifically the Rage Gold. It's ok to wipe the entire panel as most of it will be sanded off. General rule of thumb is to keep the thickness to a maximum of a 1/4". I like to keep my work down to about an 1/8", so that means a lot more hammer and folly work.
              --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Evercoat metal glaze, extreme or gold is pretty much the standard now a days, unless you are working on a clunker, then Dynalite is OK, but prepare for pin holes and bat caves...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                  i always used this stuff
                  Metal Glaze is not a filler. It is too thin and watery. It was designed to fill in sand scratches and pin holes from your real body fillers like Rage Gold or Rage Extreme.

Comment

My dad ordered some Rage Gold and a 16" flex board. Should work out good.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Good metal work I'd the key. Rage extreme is the shiznit. And the evercoat glaze is the best to take out the guesswork on the final wipe. And no more shaving door handles for you.

Comment

Handles for me? Why is that?

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

it was just a joke related to your thread on modding your classic.

Comment

Ohh.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Metal glaze ftw
                              Your local VW parts Master.....need a part?

Comment

Working...
                              X