Vids from Crandall Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vids from Crandall Saturday

Had a good time out at Crandall. Good to meet a few of y'all. Here are a few vids from today. First pass was on my street tune and it went 11.29@122. Second pass was my race tune and I was using the 2-step. For some reason at the 1-2 shift and fell on it's face and never really did recover. I thought maybe it loaded up too much on fuel or something. 3rd pass was off the footbrake on the race tune and it went 10.86@127.9. Glad to finally have some decent vids of my car and also some DATALOGS! I discovered from the logs a few interesting things. 1) My car doesn't make as much boost as I thought. It made 9 on the street tune and just under 12 on the race tune. 2) The car is definitely on the edge as far as the fuel system on the race tune. The last 500rpm of the pass the a/f went from 11.2 to about 12.0 and the fuel pressure actually dropped a couple of pounds. I don't guess I'll beat on it too much more until I get that addressed.

Last edited by Doug Hatton; 11-24-2010, 06:27 PM.

nice runs!
    sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

was that a certain newly painted firehawk that was lined up next to you in "track tune #1"?

Comment

It was a firehawk...not sure if it's the one from the board.... I had a couple of issues that pass and he came around me at the end and beat me with a 14.XX... lol.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

nice runs
            2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
            2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

nice!

Comment

What did it do in the 1/8th Doug?
                1990 GT

Comment

7.04@101.

Comment

Finally read how to embed videos... lol.

Comment

Please tell me there is a cage in there somewhere?

Comment

It's on my list...

Comment

Very nice Doug! That thing is moving out! Car looks great too btw.

Comment

I haven't driven the car but once since my last trip to the track above. I think I found out why my boost levels were reading lower than I expected. I found a large vacuum cap that had dry rotted and was bleeding boost. It's the large (3/8" or so) line coming off of the drivers side on the bottom of the upper intake. I touched that cap I put on there and it fell off in my hand. I knew my boost readings were a little lower than I usually see, but it was my first log. I think once I get that fixed, and get my fuel system sorted out, I should see some 130's....

Comment

What software do you use to log?
                              00 GT
                              Twin Turbo Street Car

Comment

Working...
                              X