• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrys Lap Timer?

I am debating using one of the following for lap timing
    A.Harrys lap timer on my iphone4s w mount, with a 5hz GPS unit ~$150
    B.AiM Solo w mount ~$450

Does anyone have any experience with either of these systems?
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

The AiM Solo. Far better accuracy. I know......it always the one that costs more.
    "Racing is life.....everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen

Comment

Originally posted by CYAZ06 View Post
      The AiM Solo. Far better accuracy. I know......it always the one that costs more.
      Yeah, , do you have a solo?
      I am thinking about getting just the 5hz GPS unit for the iPhone and doing a side by side.
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I'm going to try out my Iphone4 with Harry's Pro with the $60 Tom Tom mount/GPS booster at MSR 3.1 with Driver's Edge on 3/24-25. Hope it works pretty good. For the money, it's hard to beat. I'm also going to video (which is what I normally do) with my new GoPro2 and external microphone. Hope the audio is better with the external mic.
        Ford
        GM
        Toyota
        VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
          I'm going to try out my Iphone4 with Harry's Pro with the $60 Tom Tom mount/GPS booster at MSR 3.1 with Driver's Edge on 3/24-25. Hope it works pretty good. For the money, it's hard to beat. I'm also going to video (which is what I normally do) with my new GoPro2 and external microphone. Hope the audio is better with the external mic.
          Were you using the sealed or skeleton case with it?
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            Were you using the sealed or skeleton case with it?
            Sealed as I had the camera helmet mounted. I tried the skeleton case and it sounded horrible. I hope the external mic for the gopro 2 sounds quite a bit better.
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
              Sealed as I had the camera helmet mounted. I tried the skeleton case and it sounded horrible. I hope the external mic for the gopro 2 sounds quite a bit better.
              Hmm, mine sounds fine with the skeleton. is your car incredibly loud?
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

No, stock exhaust just a lot of wind noise since the air turbulence at 100mph+ with the windows down buffets the internal mic on the GoProHD I was using. I'll know in a few weeks.
                Ford
                GM
                Toyota
                VAG

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                  Yeah, , do you have a solo?
                  I am thinking about getting just the 5hz GPS unit for the iPhone and doing a side by side.
                  Sorry....I don't. I use Transponders.

Harry's stuff is better then it used to be. Allot cheaper as well.
                  "Racing is life.....everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen

Comment

our track junkies seem to like the Harry's stuff for cheap use. There are a few others like the trackbox and G-tech has a unit now for basic stuff.

All those are in the 400-500 buck range.

Data aquisition is a future purchase..maybe.

Comment

Working...
                    X