Best compound/pad for swirl removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best compound/pad for swirl removal?

I have a buffer and a Mequires diamond cut foam pad currently. I want to buff our black c6 to get rid of some of the swirls. The paint looks amazing in most lights, but in super direct sun light you can tell it is swirled pretty good. What product would be best for just removing the swirls?

White foam with a finish glaze. I use 3M perfect-it. Then hand polish in straight lines and wax.
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

3M white foam with Perfect-it III and then 3M black foam with Finesse-it and then a wet coat of Zaino#2. THis is how I keep my Black Cobra in tip top swirl free shape...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I use a porter cable with an orange light cut pad with pinnacle swirl remover #2, then the white or grey for the wax...

Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher & Buffers - Take Charge. From the moment you pick one up, you'll notice the difference with Porter-Cable. Sleek, sturdy, and comfortable. An exciting machine. But then you turn it on. And that's when the real fun begins. ...

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
          I have a buffer and a Mequires diamond cut foam pad currently. I want to buff our black c6 to get rid of some of the swirls. The paint looks amazing in most lights, but in super direct sun light you can tell it is swirled pretty good. What product would be best for just removing the swirls?

The Menzerna line will be your best bet for your car and the average novice to tackle.

I would start with Menzerna SIP and an orange Lake Country foam pad. I'm hoping you're using a D/A as well.

Give me a shout if you need any help or I can point you in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by BadCompanyVPWS6 View Post
            The Menzerna line will be your best bet for your car and the average novice to tackle.

I would start with Menzerna SIP and an orange Lake Country foam pad. I'm hoping you're using a D/A as well.

Give me a shout if you need any help or I can point you in the right direction.
            No, not dual action, variable speed rotary buffer. i've painted/wetsanded/buffed out entire cars so I am not a total newb, just trying to find the right pad/compound for a car that has great paint, just swirls in direct light.

Comment

3M finesse or perfect it 3000 works good. If you're using Meguiars I recommend 205.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Black and white pads are final use. Hand glaze gets out swirl marks too.
                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

ignore my post, I didn't read. I use Blue (or is it purple?) mountain pads.. they work great.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I would run to d300 on a microfiber pad. 105 can also be utilized if d300 does not have enough cut. Menz 106fa or PO85rd for finishing/burnishing.
                    Detailing by Dylan
                    817-494-3396
                    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

I'd stay away from 105 if all your doing is swirl removal, unless it's severe. Remember always use the least aggressive product/pad, do a test spot and add more if needed. I'll swear by some Megs 205 for swirl removal, it's a good finisher and very user friendly for the less than experienced.
                      Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                        No, not dual action, variable speed rotary buffer. i've painted/wetsanded/buffed out entire cars so I am not a total newb, just trying to find the right pad/compound for a car that has great paint, just swirls in direct light.
                        Well that's good to know!

For harder clears, menzerna provides everything you should need as far as cut and finishing down. Give me a shout if you need some help.

Comment

Working...
                        X