Tips for a beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for a beginner

I think I've made the decision to start building my car for te course and not the strip... Ive driven a few courses before and didn't do to bad... Given I wasn't going fast and was out there alone... What I'm asking for is pointers on what the most important mods are to getting my car set up for it... Gears? I'm n/a at the moment but have a Saleen blower for it waiting to be installed... Any and all help will be appreciated...

Seat time + tires.

Two best mods.

Apex is North Texas premier driving school for first-timers all the way to pros. Come join us today and start your new passion.

Comment

PM sent. We can get you going in the right direction.
      "Racing is life.....everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen

Comment

I wouldn't worry about gearing or power just yet, I started out in a 460rwhp 2900lb RX7, and I learned much more driving a slow ass 240sx. I would try to get some decent suspension and tires on it.
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I'm a beginner as well. CYAZ06 is working on my suspension package, but as soon as my car gets delivered I will be going to HPDE events to learn more on this twisty stuff. I will also be autocrossing.

I'm also on the hunt for wheel and tire combos, but I've pretty much gotten that figured out.

Power adders aren't necessary. A naturally aspirated motor will be more consistent throughout a race. You might want to think about selling it and putting that money into wheels, tires, and suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by CYAZ06 View Post
            PM sent. We can get you going in the right direction.
            Replied via email

Comment

I am looking forward to seeing you guys at the autox and DE events!
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

blower on road course = boom. Maybe not the first event, but eventually. Not to mention they weigh a ton.

Seat time first. Brakes second. Suspension mods 3rd. Then sticky tires when the organization you run with allows them...usually above the intermediate driving levels.

Comment

Originally posted by goofygrin View Post
                  Seat time + tires.

Two best mods.

Apex is North Texas premier driving school for first-timers all the way to pros. Come join us today and start your new passion.

http://www.dfwautocross.com
                  X2

then quality brake pads, stainless steel brake lines, and fresh fluid.

then more seat time, seat time and seat time.

Learn confidence but no cocky.

Cocky just puts grass in the tire beads.
                  Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

What kind of tips for someone that already has quite a few suspension mods and go fast mods?
                    sigpic
                    The Name is Danny. I'm a GM Technician.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Red Pony View Post
                      What kind of tips for someone that already has quite a few suspension mods and go fast mods?
                      Seat time, Seat time, Seat time.

Also....what kind of mods? Are they set up correctly?
                      "Racing is life.....everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen

Comment

Tubular upper and lowers in back with a sway bar. Front and rear coilovers. C&C plate. Sub frame connectors. About to put a strut tower brace on.

Cam/heads/intake and high comp. 4.10s. Along with other goodies.
                        sigpic
                        The Name is Danny. I'm a GM Technician.

Comment

Working...
                        X