Opinions on NE Strut tower brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on NE Strut tower brace

First let me say that I have yet to go AXing. I plan on going to a few within the next month or so.

Have any of you guys noticed a big difference before and after installing a strut tower brace. Reason I ask is because if I put one on, I will have to cut my hood to close. I have to make a tall brace because that way my intake is set up.

Thanks for the input.
    sigpic
    The Name is Danny. I'm a GM Technician.

Originally posted by Mr. Red Pony View Post
    First let me say that I have yet to go AXing. I plan on going to a few within the next month or so.

Have any of you guys noticed a big difference before and after installing a strut tower brace. Reason I ask is because if I put one on, I will have to cut my hood to close. I have to make a tall brace because that way my intake is set up.

Thanks for the input.
    Year? Pics of the intake? You are making a brace? Little more info please. STB's are well, well worth it.
    "Racing is life.....everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen

Comment

01 New Edge. (NE)

I have a brace but I have to modify it a bit.

Its a V6 with a windstar intake.

I figure it will be worth it since all the weight will be on the towers now. (I'm about to put coilovers on.
      sigpic

Comment

Strut tower braces are a must with coil-overs. Modify away.

Comment

Where did you get your what's link? I'm entertaining the idea of going 3-link and I don't want a panhard.
          sigpic

Comment

Where did you get your what's link? I'm entertaining the idea of going 3-link and I don't want a panhard.
            I think you mean Watts link, And I bet he sells 'em. I don't know a lot about mustang suspensions, but it appears that a lot of people like running torque arms.

Comment

I did mean watts. Stupid iPhone. But you have to run a torque arm with either a watts link or a panhard par to do a three link (and remove the upper control arms)
              sigpic

Comment

I did mean watts. Stupid iPhone. But you have to run a torque arm with either a watts link or a panhard par to do a three link (and remove the upper control arms)
                What's wrong with running a PHB/TA setup? There are bolt-in kits I guarantee you can't break, and I know CYAZ06 sells them and sets them up.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

The Watts Link I have on my car is from Griggs Racing. Modified TA Cover and Torque Arm as well.

PH/B are good as well, as long as they are set up correctly. It really comes down to how far you want to take the car (your goals), and how much you want to spend.

We can go over this in more detail if you would like.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                    What's wrong with running a PHB/TA setup? There are bolt-in kits I guarantee you can't break, and I know CYAZ06 sells them and sets them up.
                    Watts links have less lateral movement throughout the range of suspension movement. The Jacobs ladder like I use on my race car is technically a modified watts link. Read more here.

Comment

Originally posted by CYAZ06 View Post
                      The Watts Link I have on my car is from Griggs Racing. Modified TA Cover and Torque Arm as well.

PH/B are good as well, as long as they are set up correctly. It really comes down to how far you want to take the car (your goals), and how much you want to spend.

We can go over this in more detail if you would like.
                      Is Griggs still making that setup?

Nothing wrong with the MM PHB on my car even after 8 years of serious abuse! Keep it simple!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                        Is Griggs still making that setup?

Nothing wrong with the MM PHB on my car even after 8 years of serious abuse! Keep it simple!
                        Yep......Griggs is still making them. The MM stuff is good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                          Watts links have less lateral movement throughout the range of suspension movement. The Jacobs ladder like I use on my race car is technically a modified watts link. Read more here.

http://www.spitzracing.com/index_files/Page724.htm
                          What? TL;DR
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                            What? TL;DR
                            Ninja it's not a difficult read! If I can understand it that should be a cakewalk for you!

Comment

I think I'll probably end up the a PHB. A little cheaper, and I won't be a 100% race car. At least not for a while. I might put a 6.0 in it after a while.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X