door/fender gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door/fender gap

I'm trying to shrink the gap between the driver side fender and door. Ive loosened the bolts of the fender at the header panel and the 3 bolts under the hood. Anybody know what else i need to undo so i can slide the fender back a tad? ( btw, 2002 Mustang Gt)
    2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

if you loosened everything you said you did without missing one bolt, the only thing that I see that could hold it back is the bolt at the rocker. I'm not too familiar with your body style but I'm almost sure it has one at the rocker.
    --carlos

sigpic

Comment

yeah, i assume there has to be one somewhere down there but i cant see it. I'll have to pull out the fender liner and see if i can find it. The only 2 other bolts i see are in the door jamb but those just adjust the fender the other way
      2002 4.6L 5spd S281

Comment

most of the time the fender liner does cover up that bolt.
        --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Why are you trying to close the gap? Did you have some recent body work done to the front? Or are you just bored?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

There are 2 under the rocker cover down by the jacking point, a couple that hold the quarter to the front facia and I think 2 behind the head light. It's been a while since I pulled mine. Make sure you tape the edges just in case.
            2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
            '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
            '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

cool, thanks guys.

And i'm just re doing body work that was deemed "acceptable" by Grand Prairie Ford body shop a couple years ago, idiots.
              2002 4.6L 5spd S281

Comment

Working...
              X