Finally Finished the AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Finished the AR

I finally got my rifle assembled. The lower is the SAA piece from last years GB. The upper, BCG, and charging handle are form SAA as well. Its got a 16" stock, the "cheap" adjustable stock from aim surplus, magpul MOE hand guard, and AFG2 foregrip. Hopefully its not too tacticool for you guys. I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet, I will post a full report when I do. Sorry for the crappy pic, I couldn't find the memory card for my camera.

A big thanks to CJ and everyone who put together last years GB, as well as all of the help an insight that was provided along the way!
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Looks good. I bet it will shoot just fine and offer umpteen years of enjoyment.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Thanks. I plan to eventually upgrade to some kind of optic, however, I would rather familiarize myself with the rifle and be proficient with it before upgrading. My girlfriend has been itching to shoot it almost as bad as me, she will be back in town in a week, I plan to take it out then and see how it does!

Comment

I can dig it. I'm building one similar to yours with the SA&A upper. It will be my first AR with the front sight base instead of flip-up front sight.

Are you thinking something with magnification, or red dot?

Comment

Sweet man. I love shooting my ar, I spend more time reloading just to shoot it.

Comment

I haven't thought ahead to the optics yet. I will probably focus on something relatively short range and semi-home defense friendly. I plan to pick up a bolt action .308 at some point in the future.

Jason. I don't shoot often enough to reload at this point. I usually only make it to the range a couple times a year. Though I may work a deal with some of the DFW re-loaders on here to see if they might re-load for me. Hows things up in sunflower territory?

Comment

Tikka for the .308 I love mine and its accurate.

My ar has to have reloads. I havnt found a good affordable factory round for it. I'm talking 3 inch groups vs under a 1/2 inch with my reloads. My gun also likes flat based vs boat tail..

Kansas is great if you enjoy the outdoors like I do.

Comment

Finally took my rifle out and put a few rounds for it. I've had ZERO luck finding ammo, so I only ran through about 40 rounds. I pretty much just shot stuff in a creek bed, so no targets or any real practice with it. I will say I effing love this gun....

Comment

Working...
                X