Fabbing link bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabbing link bars

Where is a good place to source the parts (tubing, tubing ends, bushings, brackets, etc..) to build link bars? I'm soon to be doing a rear swap in my car and I'm not sure I want to reuse the leaf springs and a premade kit is too expensive for what you get. Or am I going about this all wrong and should just stick with the perfectly good leaf springs since it's a street car? Thanks.
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

I would stick with leafs...but if you dont want to, check out any of the airbag sources. Most sell kits with one end pre welded and you cut it to length and weld the insert into the tube. Suicidedoors.com comes to mind

Comment

Smilies should have what you need. Is go with a custom built 3 link with panhard bar to locate the axle. Just be sure and beef of the mount locations on the body very well. that is exactly what I had planned on my 67 mustang before I sold it.

Comment

Smilies will probably be able to help you, or AED Motorsports will likely have what you need, too.

Since 1995, A.E.D. METAL PRODUCTS has had the privilege to supply the global motorsports and performance industries with knowledge, service and quality materials.

Depending on your goals, you may want to keep those leaf springs. Leaf springs and CalTracks (or your homebuilt version of CalTracks) can be very quick.

Best of luck,

Tom

Comment

My dad has a set of 2nd f body cal tracs he isn't going to use, I wonder what it would take to make them work on the mustang
          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I know a few off road guys that swear ballisticfab's stuff
            ? 3.0" Forged Ultra Duty Ballistic Joint The Only Joint on the Market with a Lifetime Warranty 100% Machined in the U.S. using Domestic and Imported Materials ? Joint comes fully assembled 4140 Hardened Chromoly Housing and Spanner Nut Hardened 416 Stainless Steel Ball Polyurethane?Races manufactured?by Prothane Adjust

Comment

Working...
            X