Samsung DLP - white spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung DLP - white spots

I have a 61 inch DLP samsung, and here it the past few weeks white spots have been poping up. Now there are a ton of them on my TV. I remember some of yall bought this TV when it went up for sale back on the other board years ago.

Well just curious if any of yall have had this problem yet. I google white spots DLP from samsung and it seems like a big problem they have been having since 09 or so. damn I should have read that before buying.

Oh so dont buy a samsung dlp tv

Comment

Fairly common problem not only with Samsungs but with most other brands too...dust gets inside the optical block and when it lands on the DLP chip mirrors they get stuck. It does seem like a lot of the Samsungs have been having more issues with it than the others though. I replaced the chip in my sisters 56" Samsung about 6 months ago and also cleaned all parts in the optical system (several pieces of glass and mirrors that dust build up on) and it looks like a brand new TV again. I think my brother-in-law paid about $150 for the chip locally plus new heat sink grease (I used Arctic Silver).

Comment

DMD board

Comment

Call samsung, they were warranting the fix for a few years (and will replace at least 1 board free). They even send out a repair person to your house free of charge. We had it fixed on a TV we had 2 years ago. Starts out one or two dots then keeps multiplying day after day, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
            Call samsung, they were warranting the fix for a few years (and will replace at least 1 board free). They even send out a repair person to your house free of charge. We had it fixed on a TV we had 2 years ago. Starts out one or two dots then keeps multiplying day after day, lol.
            Yea I read that. But only on some models I think. Hopefully my tv is on that list. I forgot to call today.

Comment

I bought 4 or 5 TVs off of Craigslist with the same issue for dirt cheap and got them all repaired for free, but that was well over a year ago. I wasn't aware they were still doing that.

That's the way to go, for sure.

Comment

Sweet as of right now , they are picking up the tab and paying for the chip and labor. Sweet hope this fixes it

Comment

BRB, off to Craigslist to find "broken" Samsung DLPs

Comment

Nice find, real easy money , hmmmm

Comment

Any tips on it randomly powering off?

We had the board replaced on ours, no more white dots, but now it will randomly turn off a few times before its "warmed up" and stays on.

Comment

probably the ballast.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                          probably the ballast.
                          Cool thanks Tim, ill see if I can fiddle with it.
                          You wouldnt want to buy it would you?

Comment

Cool thanks Tim, ill see if I can fiddle with it.
                            You wouldnt want to buy it would you?
                            Haha. No thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X