Learning body repair basics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning body repair basics...

Ok, so I'm wanting to learn some of the basics so that when it comes time to paint my car, I can do most of the prep work... things like sanding it down, repairing hail dents, rust spots where the hail chipped the paint, etc., then either priming or spot priming those spots. I'm not going to spend $3k+ to paint a car that isn't worth much more than that. I'm in no rush, and have always wanted to learn how to do this stuf... I plan on doing the prep myself, and then the mid-level maaco job on it. As long as it lasts me another 3 - 4 years I'm good.

I've looking online, but I seem to keep coming across these ppl wanting to sell their instructional dvd's and books... nothing really in depth explaining how or where to start.

Any sources you guys know of? And taking a class is out of the question, work is too erratic.

If you were closer I would be willing to make you my apprentice. I could use the help sometimes. Besides that, if you don't want to buy the vids, the only other thing you might be able to do is volunteer to help at a local shop.
    --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X