No frozen pizza here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No frozen pizza here!!

Here is my homemade grilled pizza...I cooked 2 of them last night, but had to finish the 2nd one in the oven due to massive heat loss on the grill (I want the pizza oven add-on). I just didn't want to add more charcoal to the fire and have to tend to it that much longer. If I had been able to start it sooner, I would have added to it. When the first pizza went on, the temp was running just over 500°. By the time the second pie went on, the temp had dropped down to around 350°, and falling.

If anyone wants the dough or sauce recipe, just ask.

As for the way it was layered, there is a layer of provolone under the sauce, the sauce, the toppings, then a layer of mozzarella.

Sauce

Fire

Cooking

Cooked
    كافر

Originally posted by sc281
    Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
    Originally posted by Trick Pony
    ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

yummie!!!!

Comment

looks good, post the recipe.
      Originally posted by 03trubluGT
      Your opinion is what sucks.
      You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

I'm one of few 'mericans who doesn't like pizza and u made that look gooood. Well done! Recipe plz!

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
          I'm one of few 'mericans who doesn't like pizza and u made that look gooood. Well done! Recipe plz!
          If you don't like pizza, there is no way you are 'merican. Commie pinko fag?

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
            He's right, Tanner, you should see a Dr.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I haven't forgotten about this, just misplaced the sauce recipe. I'll see if I can find it tonight and get both the sauce and dough recipes up.
              كافر

Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
              ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Pm me both! I want to do this this week
                2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                  If you don't like pizza, there is no way you are 'merican. Commie pinko fag?

LOL!!

Damn, that pizza looks delicious!!!!!!!
                  Hellcat Charger

Comment

Okay, sorry for the delay, been pretty busy lately. I haven't even fired up the grill but once since I made the pizza above.

Anyway, here is the recipe for the dough. This recipe was originally intended to make 4 individual sized (8") circles, but I use 1 recipe to make 1 approx 16" pie.

1 pkg active dry quick-rise yeast (I use Fleischman's Rapid Rise)
                    1 tsp sugar
                    2/3 cup warm water (120-130 deg)
                    2 cups all-purpose flour
                    3/4 tsp salt
                    1 Tbsp olive oil, divided

Sprinkle yeast and sugar over warm water in small bowl; stir until yeast is dissolved. Let stand 5 minutes or until mixture is bubbly. (If yeast does not bubble, it is no longer active. Discard mixture and start over with new yeast. Always check expiration date on yeast package. Also, water that is too hot will kill yeast; it is best to use a thermometer.) Combine flour, yeast mixture and salt in a large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until dough forms a ball. Add olive oil; beat until well mixed.

Place dough on a lightly floured surface; flatten slightly. Knead dough 8-9 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Shape dough into a ball; place in large greased bowl. Turn to grease entire surface. Cover bowl with clean kitchen towel and let dough rise in warm place (80-85 deg F) 30 minutes or until double in bulk.

Punch dough down. Flatten into circle on lightly floured surface. Using lightly floured rolling pin, roll out into circle. Transfer to pizza pan.

I use a pizza stone and the pizza pan I bought for the grill at Cabela's. Here is a link to the manufacturer.

Sauce and cooking instructions to come shortly.
                    كافر

Comment

Pizza Sauce

1 fourteen and a half ounce can of diced tomatoes, juice included
                      1 six ounce can of tomato paste
                      2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
                      2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped, or 2 teaspoons dried basil
                      1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
                      1 ½ teaspoons white sugar
                      1 teaspoon minced garlic
                      ¾ teaspoon salt

Preparation:

Combine diced tomatoes, paste, herbs, seasonings, and olive oil in a bowl. Mix together thoroughly to create a smooth sauce.

Taste, add more seasonings if preferred.

Spread on pizza crust immediately, or store in air tight containers in the refrigerator for as much as five days. Can be frozen for two months, and should be brought to room temperature before you use it.

I use a blender to puree the sauce.

Assembly

Arrange a layer of provolone cheese (I've been using slices, but shredded will do better) on the crust, then spread the sauce. Add whatever other toppings you wish. Top it off with a layer of mozzarella.

Cooking

You CAN cook this in your indoor oven if you choose to do so. Just heat it to 500 deg and cook it until the cheese is melted and the edges of the crust just start to brown. If you are using a pizza stone, the pizza will continue to cook while the stone retains heat longer than a metal pan.

If you try to cook in a Weber charcoal grill, just load it up with a lot of charcoal (you can use lump charcoal as it should last longer then briquets). The goal is to get the Weber as hot as possible and minimize the amount of time the lid is open. I use a flashlight to shine through the vents to keep on eye on the cheese and the crust. Same as in a conventional oven, cook until the cheese melts and the edges start to brown. Less time if using a stone.
                      كافر

Comment

what kind of fuck bubble doesn't like pizza?!?!?!
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                        X