Good Southern Rock Songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Southern Rock Songs

I've recently become more interested in more mainstream southern rock, but am having trouble finding any of the songs I have liked because I don't know any of the bands. Really more important than the bands right now is good songs as alot of mainstream rock bands have southern rock sounding songs. (Like Audioslave's Cochise) I know about Hellyeah cause i'm a Pantera fan, but other than that Audioslave is about all i've found. I know they aren't really "southern rock", but thats kind of the sound i'm lookin for. Of course there is Lynyrd Skynard, and the older stuff which I have always loved. I'm lookin for newer bands though. If anyone has some suggestions that would be just great.
    .223 > 911

I dunno if you'd classify him as Southern Rock, but I love Bleu Edmondson. http://www.myspace.com/thebleuedmondsonband - scroll halfway down the page to the media player. No Room for Mercy is good, and The Echo is amaaaaaaazing. See what you think.

Comment

I think they're called like the "Eli Young" band. I've gone with some female friends to a couple of their shows and they're not bad. They bring in some ungodly hot chicks to their shows too. It's country/southern rock.

Your title says southern rock, but I wouldn't really consider Hell Yeah OR Audioslave to be southern rock.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by MandyZ View Post
        The Echo is amaaaaaaazing. See what you think.
        Do you have a hearing disability?

Comment

Check out "Drive By Truckers". They are kind of new wave southern rock.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
            I think they're called like the "Eli Young" band. I've gone with some female friends to a couple of their shows and they're not bad. They bring in some ungodly hot chicks to their shows too. It's country/southern rock.

Your title says southern rock, but I wouldn't really consider Hell Yeah OR Audioslave to be southern rock.
            what would you consider those bands?
            2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DeddRekoning View Post
              what would you consider those bands?
              Hell Yeah is hard rock, more specifically jock rock (I call it cock rock because it's most likely going to be heard at a sausage party). Audioslave is alternative rock, plain and simple.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by MandyZ View Post
                I dunno if you'd classify him as Southern Rock, but I love Bleu Edmondson. http://www.myspace.com/thebleuedmondsonband - scroll halfway down the page to the media player. No Room for Mercy is good, and The Echo is amaaaaaaazing. See what you think.
                The Echo was definatly badass, good call I like em.
                Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post

Eli Young is good, I listen to alot of country like that so I knew about em already. And yeah, lots of eye candy at their shows.

I agree with Audioslave not really being southern rock, but they're close enough for what i'm lookin for. Just not really sure what exactly to call it. I listen to alot of Texas country and heavy metal, so the songs I like are usually kind of a mixture of the two genres. But if Hellyeah isn't southern rock I dunno what is.
                Originally posted by Vanner27 View Post
                Check out "Drive By Truckers". They are kind of new wave southern rock.
                Liked them too, "Women without Whiskey" was the shit.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, already got a couple new cd's to get.
                .223 > 911

Comment

Older song but "Seven Bridges Road" by the Eagles is badass.

Comment

I think Drowning Pool may be going towards Southern rock type of stuff. I haven't heard to much of their new stuff though.
                    2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Oh, and if you dont already listen to them The Black Keys are pretty badass and probably pretty close to that genre IMO. Check out:

I Got Mine
                      10 AM Automatic
                      When the lights go out

Comment

Black keys were good, but I can't stand the Eagles. I know I know i'm a terrible person.

Drowning pool kinda went downhill imo. Godsmack went kinda southern rock/metal on their new albums, i've been jamming them out quite a bit. Their Good Times, Bad Times cover is the greatest shit ever.
                        .223 > 911

Comment

Not a fan of the Eagles either. I like a few songs, but the overplay on the radio killed it for me.

The Black Keys fucking ROCK! Even better in concert. Homedude is strung the fuck out, though. Jesus. He looked like he'd been on a heroin binge for the better part of a decade when I saw them at ACL this year. Still put on a great show, though.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

lynard fuckin skynard

Comment

lol, country music and millenium era alt rock do not constitute southern rock.

Comment

Working...
                              X