What paint do you guys like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What paint do you guys like?

I have decided on Sonic Blue for the 85 coupe, but I don't know what would be a good brand. PPG, House of Kolor, etc? What do you guys prefer?
    2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
    2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
    2012 Ford Edge

I use Standox for my nice jobs. The basecoat is top notch and clear lays down like glass.

Everyone else gets DuPont, unless I'm shooting Mystic, then I use Glasurit...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I use ppg
      1997 viper gts
      1986 turbo mustang
      1987 Buick grand national
      1972 nova

Comment

DuPont Chroma Premier
        --carlos

sigpic

Comment

I'm about to buy some Matrix to shoot my jeep with. People say it shoots great and looks fine, but it mixes/paint matches badly...which is making me a little nervous. Every single time I have someone mix paint for me they do a fucking terrible job... so I'm not too confident.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

My 'Stang has PPG on it but my truck got CHEAP and has Kustom Shop brand.
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I haven't worked there in years, but for about 12 years I worked as a Dupont distributor, and have pretty good experience with how they compare to many other brands. I'm biased, for sure, but I like their stuff. Every problem or failure I have seen with their products is due to not following the directions on the label.

My 2 cents.
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

They are all good. Use what you can get the best deal on. I've worked in a bunch of shops covering for painters on vacation or covering until a new perment painter can be hired and used nearly all paint lines. They are a different in little ways but they all work if used as designed.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  I'm about to buy some Matrix to shoot my jeep with. People say it shoots great and looks fine, but it mixes/paint matches badly...which is making me a little nervous. Every single time I have someone mix paint for me they do a fucking terrible job... so I'm not too confident.
                  Let me know how it comes out. I wont be shooting the car until after summer, early fall.
                  2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I've never done any big jobs, most of my experience is on model cars, and shot through an air brush, but I've had good results from ppg's omni. I can't remember if sonic blue was available in that pain line or not though.

I may need some additional paint for my 65 mustang model, if you have any left I might want to buy some from you.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Preus View Post
                      I use ppg
                      This is what I mainly use. I have used DuPont, and it worked great too. I have used much of the others to really say.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        I used matrix clears years ago it worked well. I painted my 70 Challenger with ppg dbc black base and matrix MS20 clear in 1995 it still looks good. I would probably still use matrix clear if it was readily available in Denton. I currently use PPG it works well for restoration work as well as production. (I have been painting since 1987)

Comment

If you use ppg then you will like Matrix. Most of their line is ppg knock off. In the back of their catalog they have a chart that tells you what crosses to what in ppg.

Comment

Thanks guys for the help. Any pics of finished work?
                            2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I would avoid omni, it has no warranty.

Comment

Working...
                              X