AiM Digital Cluster mounting plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AiM Digital Cluster mounting plate

Fabbed up this plate to hold the cluster in. Has tabs welded on the back to hold it into place. Not sure if I want to just paint it black or have it anodized with the next batch of parts that I get done.

Who does your anodizing? I think it would look cool if it were anodized black, but that could change depending on what car/interior/dash setup is.

Or maybe wrinkle coat it?

Comment

Anodics does my anodizing. They are off Beach and 820 behind the church. If you ever need anything small, we should go in and split it up. It's a minimum $75 and they usually have it done with real fast turn around time.

Here is how it use look but I decided I don't like the look anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Anodics does my anodizing. They are off Beach and 820 behind the church. If you ever need anything small, we should go in and split it up. It's a minimum $75 and they usually have it done with real fast turn around time.

Here is how it use look but I decided I don't like the look anymore.
        That's going to look a lot better!

I've talked to them a while back when I wanted my wheels done, but he was pretty high - seems they aren't really setup for doing wheels?

They are REAL close to me, I'm just in Saginaw.

Comment

I did it that way so I could see the fuel level. The civic doesn't have a low fuel light, so I guess I will just rig some kind of sensor. Do you know of any that I could weld a bung onto the gas tank and it comes on when it doesn't trigger the fluid at that level?

I have never tried getting wheels done so I don't know.

The company I worked for built custom waterjets and aircraft machinery, and maybe he gave me a better deal because I worked for the company that did a lot of business with him?

It's been a couple years since I have needed anything anodized.

Comment

I did it that way so I could see the fuel level. The civic doesn't have a low fuel light, so I guess I will just rig some kind of sensor. Do you know of any that I could weld a bung onto the gas tank and it comes on when it doesn't trigger the fluid at that level?

I have never tried getting wheels done so I don't know.

The company I worked for built custom waterjets and aircraft machinery, and maybe he gave me a better deal because I worked for the company that did a lot of business with him?

It's been a couple years since I have needed anything anodized.
            The only thing I could think of would be a low oil level sensor, like what's used in a fox Mustang. I bet you could make it work, afterall, that's what it does - it comes on when the oil is low. Hell, that's a good idea, I might have to put one on my 15gal fuel cell. lol.

IDk, about that pricing, I just called - he said he could do the wheels, but it would be tought because of their vats arent' that big. There's another place over off of Meecham that does a LOT of big stuff, but he was HIGH. They do a lot of aerospace stuff, and I'm sure he's just used to that pricing schema. bastards.

Comment

Good idea. Can you get them pretty cheap? Or have any extras laying around?

I can wire it up to one of the lights on the cluster since it has 6 different warning lights lol

Might even get 2 and use another one for the oil

Comment

Good idea. Can you get them pretty cheap? Or have any extras laying around?

I can wire it up to one of the lights on the cluster since it has 6 different warning lights lol

Might even get 2 and use another one for the oil
                No, I sure don't have any of them, but they can't be too hard to come by i woudln't think.

I looked on ebay, there's a bunch of them on there for various cars. One may work better than the other for you. I searched "low oil level sender".

I'm sure they have them at Autozone though.

Comment

There are several cars that have them. I just need to find someone that has a pigtail to go along with it

Comment

they come in every lsx oil pan as well.

Comment

Yes they do. I was trying to see if my buddy had a pigtail off of his harness he isnt using.

Comment

Yes they do. I was trying to see if my buddy had a pigtail off of his harness he isnt using.
                        If all you need is the clip with a section of wire still attached you can solder to, I have several harnesses I used as donors.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Remind me AGAIN tomorrow.
                          I was busy at work(usual) when you sent me that email.. I'm sure I can get one off of "D" since ive got a lot of my small misc parts from him.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X