Not a good year for TX sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a good year for TX sports

Is it just me, or has this year been a huge let down of our sports teams. Expectations have been so high, and the dissapointments just keep coming. I started thinking about this after watching the Texans come so close in overtime to Baltimore, and the Mavs winning streak ending in the same day. Not that those are really big deals, but there have been plenty of em...

The year started with UT losing the national championship

Texas Rangers, and FC Dallas both made their respective championships, then lost

The Cowboys were supposed to be Super Bowl contenders, and didn't even make the play-offs

The Texans were supposed to finally make play-offs, but went backwards

UT had the worst season i've ever seen after going to the national championship last season

TCU went undefeated, but was snubbed yet again

The Aggies tied for the best Big 12 South record, but were also snubbed

We still have chances with NCAA basketball, the Mavs, Spurs, and Stars who are all on a role. But i'm just waiting for the let-downs to continue.
    .223 > 911

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
    TCU went undefeated, but was snubbed yet again
    Don't forget the college world series, they beat the favorite team (Texas) and ended up losing to UCLA in the 1/4 finals. Also that team from Houston was the whipping post of the NL.

Comment

I'm okay with the Rangers, I've been a fan my entire life and I've seen one playoff win. It's easy to sit here and say how bad it's been but at least we have competitive (for the most part) sports teams.

In summation, at least we're not Cleveland. The Browns suck, the Indians suck, they don't have an NHL team and LeBron is gone and wrecking shop with the Heat.
      An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Yeah horrible year. I mean instead of teams coming so close to championships I would rather them finish under 500 and miss post season activity. WTF kind of logic is this? It was a bad sports year for almost every state then, there was a lot of interesting things to follow and root for all year.

Comment

Don't forget about the Mavs blowing their wad during the regular season and getting put away by the Spurs in the playoffs, AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
            Don't forget about the Mavs blowing their wad during the regular season and getting put away by the Spurs in the playoffs, AGAIN!
            The spurs are here in TX, so wouldn't that be a wash?

I don't really watch anything other than Baseball. I don't think you can look at the Rangers getting to the World Series as a negative. It was still the best year they've ever had.

Comment

This thread is a glass of half empty.

Comment

ita a year of both unexpected things and expected things.

Rangers m,aking the World Series after making the trade for Cliff Lee was nice to see.
                Beating the Yankees in the playoffs including beating them twice at Yankee Stadium

Mavericks making the playoffs for the 10th time in a row, only the Spurs have a streak that is longer than that. They are okaying well this seaso.

The Spurs are quietly one of the best teams in the NBA, no one talks about them.

Stars not making the playoffs honesttly wasnt a big shock, but they are doing good so far this season.

Texans are suprising, but not really when you have a secondary that cant stop anybody.

TCU had a good season, but we all know they would've needed help to get to the BCS game.

Texas had a bad year

A&M had somewhat of a good year.

Cowboys were overhyped to begin with, but I didnt see this year being that bad
                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                  The spurs are here in TX, so wouldn't that be a wash?

I don't really watch anything other than Baseball. I don't think you can look at the Rangers getting to the World Series as a negative. It was still the best year they've ever had.
                  Still doesn't change the fact that it happened, now does it? Also, how did the Spurs do in the next round? If I remember right that got pounded in 4 by Phoenix.

Comment

A&M beat UT, what's the problem??
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                      I thought everyone beat UT?

Comment

Ahhhhh I should give up watching baseball, the Rangers didn't win the world series.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post

Unfortunatly,most years in aggy world, this is true

Comment

lol yea
                            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                            Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                              Unfortunatly,most years in aggy world, this is true
                              4 out of the last 11?
                              Last edited by Vertnut; 12-15-2010, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X