Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Need help sourcing this brass fitting (pic inside) - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help sourcing this brass fitting (pic inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help sourcing this brass fitting (pic inside)

I am in a realm of unfamiliarity here as I know damn near nothing about plumbing and what fittings are called. All I know is that I'm in need of something like I've drawn below. Any help finding this, local or on the interweb, would be GREATLY appreciated. I'd like it to be brass if possible.
    Thanks!

Last edited by Darren M; 11-10-2011, 05:40 PM.
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

try apex plumbing or stuart hose. Maybe even grainger. They are about the only places I'd be able to think of could help you if homedepot or lowes didnt have what you needed. Good luck!

Comment

Can you bushing down to 1/8 or do you need those specific sizes all in one piece?

This one is M-F-F 1/4" NPT

Looking for Street Tee,Brass,1/4 In.,NPT,PK10? Find it at Grainger.comŽ. With over one million products and 24/7 customer service we have supplies and solutions for every industry.

Comment

anplumbing.com

Comment

search for "1/4 NPT street tee brass"

Like Strychnine said, you'll probably have to get the 1/4 NPT fitting and an adaptor for the 1/8 NPT reduction.
          Men have become the tools of their tools.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Yeah the local "box" stores don't have what I need, specifically.
            Matt, thanks for looking that up. I may go that route if necessary. I'd like to get the exact piece because I have VERY little room to work with. I'm attempting to add an oil pressure gauge in my car while still using the stock unit as well. (I hate dead gauges.) Here's a link on what I'm attempting to do with a picture of the limited area.
            Not pictured is the 3" Ford sensor that normally sends the oil pressure. So, I've got that huge sensor from autometer and then the Ford one also in an already very confined space. (edit) The image below is a bit mis-leading and while apparently from a 2000 GT, mine sure doesn't seem to have that much room!)

There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

I'm guessing the 1/8 is for oil pressure gauge?

You might also look at y-blocks. They are specifically for that it seems.

Edit: read through your link, so answered my question. The adaptor shouldn't take up that much more room.
              Last edited by BERNIE MOSFET; 12-15-2010, 09:59 AM.
              Men have become the tools of their tools.
              -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Hadn't thought about a y block. I'll look into that. Thanks!

Comment

Something else I will throw into the mix....if this is on the GT, don't do the Autometer electric guage. Get a mechanical guage. The electronic diaphram/sending units don't last on our mod motors for shit. If you DO have to use this sending unit, put a braided hose "leader" on the motor and install the sending unit at the end of the leader. Should give you a lot more options for room. The vibration and HIGH oil pressures that our motors generate kill the autometer sending units. I went through 3 in less than 2 years even at the end of the leader hose.

I've always preferred mechanical guages but sometimes they are a PITA in a street car.

[stock sender]
                  ______|
                  [Block][T]--------------[sensor]

remotely locating the sending unit can also make it easier to keep it from leaking everywhere because they always seep and make a mess.

Good luck!

Comment

we used to take the Ford oil pipe on the 302s and drill and tap for 1/8npt to get a mechanical and factory sensor on the same run.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      we used to take the Ford oil pipe on the 302s and drill and tap for 1/8npt to get a mechanical and factory sensor on the same run.
                      That's a damn good idea. I wonder if anyone has one laying around. I knew I thought I saw something like that before! It's octagonal right?

Comment

Like this one, anyone know where I can get it?

Comment

Junkyards.

I've probably got one laying around, but I'm in Longview.

My local auto parts store has them.

EDIT: This is all in reference to your last post.

Comment

Midway is where i got the end that goes to the oil line but i had to make my own T's from fittings i bought at Home Depot, if u can wait a couple of days till i get my car back from the shop i can show you how i did mine
                            Last edited by bonnie&clyde; 12-16-2010, 11:05 AM.

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                            You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

oh and you might also want to get rid of that POS filter you have there

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                              You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Working...
                              X