Few bullet Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few bullet Pics

Kinda a spin off from sleeper's post.Took a few pics of some various projectiles.

1st and 2nd pic is a 155gr Sierra Palma (2156) MK very accurate and a good BC if pushed around 2850+, second is a 168gr Sierra MK and last is a 168gr Nosler Custom Competition. The last 2 were interchangable in my rifle and look identical when next to each other.

Next two pics are the same 308 bullets that I added a 284" 162 Hornady Amax scarry high BC and as accurate as any bullet.

Last set is 2 55gr 224" bullets the orange tip is an Nosler BT the other is a Sierra SP both are boat tails of the same weight but OAL is a bit different.

"It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

So I was thinking about starting to reload some 308 175gr and well who better to ask about cost than somebody who reloads any help is appreciated

Comment

Her ya go dee, a few more to add.

From left to right all .30 cal

150 gr hornady sp interlocks with cannalure,

150 gr swift scirocco II's These are bad ass, but expensive as hell. I get them free from time to time.

165 gr nosler ballistic tip.

178gr Hornady amax.

Comment

And to make sure im ready. I got these at 56.88 a box.

Comment

Scirocco's are supposed to be really good I use their competitors the Accubond and have been extremely pleased in their performance on game.

Comment

56.88 a box that sounds kinda high? I paid around 45.00 for a 250ct of Nosler 55gr BT's.

Comment

Here's a few more.
              First is the only 6mm I have at the time it's the 90gr Nosler BT pretty good but really want to try the Accubond whenever it finally comes out or I'll just pick some Swift's up.

Next is some flavors of .284"(or 7mm) Nosler 120 & 150 then of course the 162gr Hornady Amax.

Next is some 25 caliber bullets. These are all Nosler's and in this caliber and other's that offer varmint and hunting ballistic tip bullets they are all the same color which is a pain if loaded rounds get mixed. Anyway these are 85gr 100gr BT's and then 110gr Accubond.

Last is some 30 cal hunting bullets all 165 gr 1st is Sierra GameKing HP second is Noslers BT and last is Nosler's Accubond. I really like the 2 Noslers since they both shoot identical out of my 06 so I can take the cheaper BT's out to pop pigs without worrying about change in POI.

Comment

Thats for 500ct boxes

One day ill make some sand boxes and shoot into them for you guys.

I wish i had a chrony, but i just cant see myself buying one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremycg777 View Post
                  So I was thinking about starting to reload some 308 175gr and well who better to ask about cost than somebody who reloads any help is appreciated
                  The main thing that will vary cost is how big in bulk you buy, but that's not very cost effective until an efficient combo is found. It's been a bit since I loaded 308 but assuming you have brass primers are around $30 per 1000 then powder comes in either 1lb(150loads in 308) or 8lbs the later being a better deal and bullets can be up to 40 per 100 depending on type/brand used.

.03 primer
                  .15 per powder charge
                  .32 per bullet if using 175gr Sierra MK's at 32.99 per100
                  0 for brass if you have already been shooting.
                  total being .50-.80 per round depending on price you pay on components price will drop if stuff is bought in more bulk

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                    Thats for 500ct boxes

One day ill make some sand boxes and shoot into them for you guys.

I wish i had a chrony, but i just cant see myself buying one.
                    Ok I missed that some how that's a pretty good deal then.

I use my chrony all the time, helps when pulling up a ballistic chart up in a hurry before hitting the range to verify drop.

Comment

I wont lie. I just do the math by the book and what other people posted and go by the hits and make notes.

Im usually within a inch or two first hit under 300. and can adjust from there when sighting a gun in for that load.

Comment

Working...
                      X