X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mavericks after Nuggets' Anthony?

mavericks after nuggets' anthony?
    By mark j. Miller
    the dallas mavericks are starting to show signs of being interested in snagging denver nuggets forward carmelo anthony(notes).

Dallasbasketball.com reports that the mavs "continue to touch base" with denver in recent days about what it would take to snag anthony.

However, the nuggets want young and talented players in return, the site notes, and rodrigue beaubois(notes) might be the only guy who fits that criteria on the mavs roster.

The nuggets also apparently don't want the expiring contract of caron butler(notes), either, the site notes. So it's unclear if these two teams can match up well enough to make any deal involving anthony.
    i do not want him!!

why not, he is a scorer, and would be a nice piece to go along with Nowitzki. They would have 2 scorers on offense. Also he is a free agent at the end of the year so why not. Take the gamble cause Dirk isnt getting any younger
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
      why not, he is a scorer, and would be a nice piece to go along with Nowitzki. They would have 2 scorers on offense. Also he is a free agent at the end of the year so why not. Take the gamble cause Dirk isnt getting any younger
      I really just don't like his personality. He seems like a "this is all about me" type of player. The mavs don't need that.

Comment

Dallas is going to have 3 strings of starters.

Comment

Good move for Dallas.... Although I've never really been a Carmelo fan I can't knock the guys talent.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            I really just don't like his personality. He seems like a "this is all about me" type of player. The mavs don't need that.
            i havent heard much of that, but i watched him last night against the Magic and he can do some damage driving to the hoop
            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
              Too many scorers isn't necessarily a good thing. When you have everybody trying to pad their own stats, increasing their individual value, it could lead to not many overall points. Look at the Heat.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                Too many scorers isn't necessarily a good thing. When you have everybody trying to pad their own stats, increasing their individual value, it could lead to not many overall points. Look at the Heat.
                different situation I think. Dallas would be more balanced with Anthony and Dirk. Miami has won 9 or 10 in a row.
                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Carmelo is going to New York not Dallas
                  Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by paul_376 View Post
                    Carmelo is going to New York not Dallas
                    Mavs might be interested in him, but NYK are hot and heavy after him and have been for a good while. I'm actually shocked the trade hasn't happened yet.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      Mavs might be interested in him, but NYK are hot and heavy after him and have been for a good while. I'm actually shocked the trade hasn't happened yet.
                      if he does go to the Knicks the watch out. They are already a good team with Amare and are 5th in the Eastern Conference Standings. So far they are the most improved team from last year based on W-L record.
                      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

I'll add, too, I'm too worried about what they would have to give up to get him. IMO, Tyson Chandler goes anywhere, this season is over. He's done a LOT for this team, so I'm not a fan of sending him packing.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

If they traded for Melo than it would only be for the rest of this year. I'm not sure I want the Mavs to give up on some young talent for a rental.

Comment

this would be like a Cliff Lee deal.. La La wants him in the east coast anyways.
                            Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                            Your opinion is what sucks.
                            You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by cad424 View Post
                              If they traded for Melo than it would only be for the rest of this year. I'm not sure I want the Mavs to give up on some young talent for a rental.
                              lets be honest, how many years does Dirk have playing at a productive level. How long will he average 20+ points per game?
                              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Working...
                              X