MAF Conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF Conversion?

does anyone have this local, called DM and they said they dont carry it, does anyone else have one?

Originally posted by Bad A$$ Coupe View Post
    does anyone have this local, called DM and they said they dont carry it, does anyone else have one?
    okay so i have a maf from a 93 SHO, i hope this works uhm waiting on car-less chris to see if he has the ECU... thanks

Comment

Go buy a A9L computer (Manual), or A9P (Automatic) from someone in the classified ads, or take your computer to autozone and say you need one from a 1989 Mustang GT.

Go to Dallas Mustang or shop around and buy a Mass Air Conversion Harness.

Go buy a MUSTANG Mass Air Meter for the injectors you have on the car (guessing 19#).

You'll need the bracket to hold the mass air meter to the shocktower and a new intake pipe. The Rubber end on the of the Mass Air Meter to the Airbox.

(Thats all it needs to convert over.)

Comment

got the computer from autozone yesterday.... installed and now working, running rough but can be fixed, okay my question is if i have a mass air meter from a 93 sho, i am thinking i can use 24lb injectors, only because the sho had 24lb injectors from factory right?

Comment

got the computer from autozone yesterday.... installed and now working, running rough but can be fixed, okay my question is if i have a mass air meter from a 93 sho, i am thinking i can use 24lb injectors, only because the sho had 24lb injectors from factory right?
          NO.

A 24# "Pro-M" Meter is actually calibrated to run 24# injectors by fooling the computer's pulsewidth to accomodate the different injectors.

Example, you can not go pull the mass air meter off a 93 cobra and stick it on your car. The 93 Cobra's computer is set for 24# injectors.

Your cars computer is set for 19# injectors. Go get a Mustang Aftermarket Mass Air Meter thats calibrated for 24# injectors.

BTW: 19# injectors will support more than 300 horses naturally aspirated.

Comment

Cool, got ya, that makes 10 times more sense than what i was thinking

Originally posted by Dac View Post
            NO.

A 24# "Pro-M" Meter is actually calibrated to run 24# injectors by fooling the computer's pulsewidth to accomodate the different injectors.

Example, you can not go pull the mass air meter off a 93 cobra and stick it on your car. The 93 Cobra's computer is set for 24# injectors.

Your cars computer is set for 19# injectors. Go get a Mustang Aftermarket Mass Air Meter thats calibrated for 24# injectors.

BTW: 19# injectors will support more than 300 horses naturally aspirated.

Comment

Who the hell told you an SHO meter would work? It's not even CLOSE to the same type of engine. 24valve V6 built by Yamaha VS 16valve V8 built by Ford. Like the other guy said, just get a used one from an 89-93. Don't pay more than $10 for one. Hell, I bet if you asked around on here you could find somebody to give you one. Also, you don't need a bracket for the MAF meter. Just get a cold air intake for an 89-93 and kill two birds with one stone.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
              X