Oreilly's is HIRING!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oreilly's is HIRING!

Just saw a massive sign in their window in Grapevine. So if you need a job, id start there- that is all.

Every O'Reilly store has that sign in it next to the front door.

Comment

Go sign up and let the tallywhacker bully you around on the board AND in person.

Seriously though, I miss working parts stores. I think that is the only job I never disliked. Except truck night, re-stocking was the suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason
        Go sign up and let the tallywhacker bully you around on the board AND in person.

Seriously though, I miss working parts stores. I think that is the only job I never disliked. Except truck night, re-stocking was the suck.

I hired SlowLX about 8 months ago.. He is doing well; just working there for beer money while he is in college.

Comment

Part stores can be fun. I like just driving around talking to people in my current

Comment

Originally posted by talisman
            I hired SlowLX about 8 months ago.. He is doing well; just working there for beer money while he is in college.
            He won't steal parts for me though.

Comment

Hmm. Wonder why?

Comment

haha i need job.. to pay dumbycapri back lol.

Comment

working oreilly's is awesome, but it does not pay nearly enough. Oreillys corporate would rather hire 2 minimum wage warm bodies than one skilled parts guy

Comment

i miss working at O'Reillys, it was the only job i really liked.

Comment

I miss working at Dick Smith, it turned into an O'reilly's stock warehouse, I worked there for a little bit, and they laid me off, then closed the place a few months later.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                        I miss working at Dick Smith, it turned into an O'reilly's stock warehouse, I worked there for a little bit, and they laid me off, then closed the place a few months later.
                        Holy shit you worked there? We used to use them 10 years ago or so. Been a long time since I heard that name.

PM sent Talisman.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman85turbo View Post
                          working oreilly's is awesome, but it does not pay nearly enough. Oreillys corporate would rather hire 2 minimum wage warm bodies than one skilled parts guy
                          The computers are the "skilled" guys' replacement! LOL!

I grew up with old parts guys who chain-smoked Lucky Strike's and used 14" thick parts' catalog's. The pages were so discolored from oil and grime, only he could find what he was looking for. Starter's, alternator's, and carbs, were no-brainers, and they would go get them off the shelf without even looking. The catalogs helped if you needed upper ball joint's and tie-rod ends for a '69 Boss 302.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                            The computers are the "skilled" guys' replacement! LOL!

I grew up with old parts guys who chain-smoked Lucky Strike's and used 14" thick parts' catalog's. The pages were so discolored from oil and grime, only he could find what he was looking for. Starter's, alternator's, and carbs, were no-brainers, and they would go get them off the shelf without even looking. The catalogs helped if you needed upper ball joint's and tie-rod ends for a '69 Boss 302.
                            I worked at NAPA in the 90s the computer was for checking stock and ordering from the DC .

Paper catalogs rock ! I hate the all knowing computer esp. when the pimple faced kid can't get passed the car and engine or the rear end being different. (MY 55 chevy with a 454 and the 57 olds rear end) I needed axle seals for the olds rear and had the seal and seal number and he could not go back and pull it off the shelf . Thank god one of the guys I bought alot of parts from saw this and went and got what I needed.
                            Last edited by lxturbo; 01-24-2011, 03:51 PM.
                            89 mustang coupe at the house now ..... SOLD
                            97 F-250 HD crew cab shorty 4x4 overfueled for your pleasure ................

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              He won't steal parts for me though.
                              My steady supply of booze and junkfood takes precedence, sorry buddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X