Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burgers

Recipes?

I know people like to mess use egg and breadcrumbs when making the patty. I stay away with that. I'm not tryin to eat meatloaf. I'll use 80/20.

Its either salt and pepper for me i'll just whip up some random seasonings together. The last one i tried was Emerils Burger Seasoning.

Do you guys season the meat before or while its grilling? First time this year i'll whip up some grills outside. I'm use to using a little home electric grill for convince.
    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
    Your opinion is what sucks.
    You are too stupied and arrogant

Meat monterrey jack, whole green chile, meat pressed together to envelope the goodies, then salt/pepper on the outside.

Will also try it with Brie and porcini mushrooms one of these days. Am a bit worried that the porcinis will be a bit too much though.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I've made these a few times, it is just a something I thought up while drinking one night. I call them stuffed Jalapeno Cheese Burgers.

Season the meat with salt, pepper and garlic. Add diced jalapenos to the mix to your liking. Make some patties that are fairly thin (1/4-1/3lb) and make twice as many for however many burgers you want. Next mix cream chz, grated chz and real bacon bits/chopped bacon and make patties with it that are smaller then your meat patties. Put chz patties in between two meat patties and crimp the edge. I usually put Worcestershire on top of them after I put them on the grill and then again when I flip them.

Sometimes I will just make regular burgers and Jalapeno poppers and just put the poppers on the burger to get the same premise.

Comment

Fuck breadcrumbs. Egg is so the party sticks together. I use eggs, a little worcestershire, Lipton onion soup mix, a1, salt, pepper. Amounts depend on how much beef I've got. I eye shit anyways.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Fuck breadcrumbs. Egg is so the party sticks together. I use eggs, a little worcestershire, Lipton onion soup mix, a1, salt, pepper. Amounts depend on how much beef I've got. I eye shit anyways.
          I bet that is a salty burger. Sounds good though.

It all depends on what I am in the mood for, as to what I put in my burgers.
          2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
          2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
          2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by sspstang View Post
            I bet that is a salty burger. Sounds good though.

It all depends on what I am in the mood for, as to what I put in my burgers.
            Not at all actually. Half a package to a lb of beef. I can't handle salt like I used to, I had to stop using Tony's for that very reason. Too much salt in it.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Brent eyes meat.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                Brent eyes meat.
                He also handles it.
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  Not at all actually. Half a package to a lb of beef. I can't handle salt like I used to, I had to stop using Tony's for that very reason. Too much salt in it.
                  lipton onion powder is heaven in meat, Have you tried it in sloppy joes? It's called super joes. You use the onion powder, and a can of mushroom soup. I like it better then regular sloppy joes. I am real salt sensitive as well. I just about will not cook with it.
                  2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I get huge preformed patties from the meat counter at Albertson's. Only cook on lump charcoal, or better yet - a campfire. Hot as hell. I get bacon from them too, or will use almost any version of Wright's bacon. They have a steakhouse flavor I find from time to time that rocks. The maple is a little too much for a burger (but great for breakfast!). I cook the bacon on some foil next to the burgers. Cook the patties a few minutes each side, and I brush Kraft Mesquite Smoke sauce as they cook. I've tried a million BBQ sauces, but always come back to that one. Few minutes each side then I sprinkle blue cheese crumbles on top (while they're still cooking), and then one or two slices of cheddar or pepperjack. I like cheese! I add the bacon either right before or right after the slices of cheese. Load up on the bacon! Toast the buns. When they come off, I like to add chopped onion (I vary the type), and sliced FRESH jalapenos. No pickled bullshit here! Sometimes I'll slap some guacamole on the bun, but otherwise, that's it. I used to love A1 bold and spicy, but I can't find it anywhere. The blue cheese and the Mesquite flavor really battle, and then the jalapenos come storming in. The guac will cool it down and add a clean flavor back to the bite, as I don't like lettuce or tomato on my burger. Yes, it's a lot of shit going on, but it works, and it's fun to cook when drunk, especially over a campfire.
                    Last edited by jluv; 04-13-2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Southwest burgers: green chiles, with either some homemade hot sauce, or pico, with monterrey jack cheese.

bbq burgers: sweet baby rays mixed with honey dijon mustard, a little worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and garlic powder. cheedar or american cheese.

bacon burgers: apple smoked bacon cooked until about 3/4 done. diced up, and mixed in with cheedar cheese, topped on a wheat bun with classic mustard, lettuce, tomato, and red onion slices.

I prefer a whole wheat bun over white buns. I find the white buns to be really dry.
                      2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I season it with soy sauce, some worcestershire, and course ground pepper and a little garlic salt.

Then we make stuffed burgers, blue cheese and lots of bacon in some, and chopped jalapenos and sharp cheddar in others.

Comment

Found this at Kroger already formed. Wasn't to bad.

Comment

Ya Jose the Kroger at in my hood has those and they have turkey ones too... quite tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                              Found this at Kroger already formed. Wasn't to bad.

Those are good, we get them sometimes.
                              2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Working...
                              X