X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade Phillips new gig

College Bowl Notebook: Coaches for East-West Shrine Game selected
    December 14th, 2010 10:42 pm ET
    Dan Reeves and Wade Phillips will coach the 86th East-West Shrine Game®, the longest running college all-star football game in the country. Kickoff is at 4 p.m. Jan. 22, at the Florida Citrus Bowl in Orlando.

“We are certainly pleased to have two coaches that have accomplished an extraordinary amount in their NFL coaching careers,” said Harold Richardson, executive director of the East-West Shrine Game. “I’ve spent a lot of my career with both Coach Reeves and Coach Phillips, and they are just as good people as they are coaches.”

Reeves and Phillips both have impressive records as coaches, know each other well and are looking forward to the opportunity to compete against one another for a good cause. While the East-West Shrine Game allows some of the best college football players in the country to showcase their talents in front of NFL coaches and scouts, the true purpose of the Game is to raise awareness of Shriners Hospitals for Children®.

“Visiting kids at Shriners Hospital for Children® and helping our next generation is a cause that is very dear to me,” said Phillips.

“Words cannot describe the feeling you get from bringing so much joy into these children’s lives,” said Reeves, who also coached the game in 2007 and was proud to support Shriners Hospitals for Children® for a second time. “I’m so proud to be back coaching the East-West Shrine Game and helping raise money for a special cause.“

Well at least he is staying busy. He has to burn off those donut calories somehow.

There used to be a college all star vs pro all star game every year. That would be cool to bring back and see what would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      Well at least he is staying busy. He has to burn off those donut calories somehow.

There used to be a college all star vs pro all star game every year. That would be cool to bring back and see what would happen.
      This.

Comment

Wasn't it NCAA champs vs. Super Bowl champs or am I crazy?
        An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
          Wasn't it NCAA champs vs. Super Bowl champs or am I crazy?
          Actually, I think we are both half right. It was the NCAA All Stars vs Super Bowl champs. I know I saw it somewhere on a show, but I am pretty sure the 7x Steelers was the last team to play in the game.

Comment

This? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago..._All-Star_Game

Last team to play was the Steelers back in 1976.

Comment

you mean this is his new gig
              Originally posted by 03trubluGT
              Your opinion is what sucks.
              You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

admiral huh coaching ncaa players. wow
                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
                  This? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago..._All-Star_Game

Last team to play was the Steelers back in 1976.
                  Yup, that was it.

Comment

Yup, that was it.
                    Wonder what type of results you would get today.... Also curious what sort of rules they would go by.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
                      Wonder what type of results you would get today.... Also curious what sort of rules they would go by.
                      The contract situation would be a huge issue. Basically the players are all signed under contract by the time the game was played. Elite players would more than likely add a stipulation they would not play this game coming out of college. The Super Bowl team probably would not play, due to the short amount of time between the Super Bowl and training camp.

Comment

lol now about the NCAA champion versus the Bengals this year lol
                        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

i said the bengals cause they suck cause they are underachieving. unlike the panthers, bills, lions who stink but they dont have talent
                          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                            i said the bengals cause they suck cause they are underachieving. unlike the panthers, bills, lions, broncos who stink but they dont have talent
                            Fixed.

Comment

lol you did that all on your own buddy
                              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Working...
                              X