Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday April 21st - Charity Countryside Cruise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday April 21st - Charity Countryside Cruise!

Posting this up to help out a worthy cause. I went last year (my 03/04 swapped Cobra can be seen in the second video) and I had an absolute blast on this cruise! Looking forward to doing it again.

Originally posted by flavortext03
    Mark your calendars and save the date! On April 21st, 2012 there will be a joint DFW Charity Racing and Texas F-Body Association benefit cruise or show. On March 3rd TFBA lost one of their key members, Benny Deltenre, at the young age of 50 to congestive heart failure. One of their members, who has been a long time support of DFW Charity Racing, contacted me about organizing a cruise/show in his honor. Below are preliminary details on this event but I wanted to get the date out there so that everyone has plenty of time to make arrangements to be there. Any proceeds we make from this will not go to DFW Charity Racing. Instead they will go to Benny's wife and/or his preferred charity (St. Judes).

The date will be April 21st, 2012. True Street Motorsports has offered to us their location in McKinney to use as our start location. Furthermore, they have offered to do a cookout for us! They are going to smoke a brisket and provide us lunch. We will all start getting there that morning. From about 9-noon we will do a small scale show. At around noon we will have the awesome lunch True Street is throwing for us. As we are finishing up lunch we will give out the few car show awards and, if you are also going to participate in the cruise, we will have our drivers meeting and start getting into groups.

As usual, we will have at least one spirited group and at least one Sunday driver group. One change this year is that in order to participate in the spirited group, you must make a $10 donation and agree to a mini "tech in" on your ride. Nothing major; we just want to make sure you have appropriate and adequate tires, brakes, etc. In addition, you must have a working 2-way for the spirited group. I will try to have some spare ones there but they are cheap. Any FRS one will work. I will post a link if I find any for really cheap. Too often we have a road hazard or need to slow down and want to make sure we can relay information quickly. The last change to the spirited group is that if you are observed doing something that severely endangers others in the cruise or others on the road you have one warning. If the action continues, you will be asked at the next scheduled stop to move to the Sunday driver group. This sounds very controlling and I apologize to those that have always been nothing but exemplary in past cruises. But as some of you know there have been bad apples in the past and I want to minimize the risks to all involved in the cruise and those we share the road with.

For those that have been to our past events, the route will be very familiar. It is a great route that starts in McKinney and ends in Sherman. We have two or three scheduled stops and one will be halfway at a gas station for anyone that needs to refuel. We also have a spot we always to a great flyby video. The route is a secret route that will be given out the day of the event but it is time tested and safe for all types of vehicles. It is about 90 miles of a good mix of twisties and straight aways. It officially ends when we reach Sherman. There are a lot of restaurants around where we end so we often all have dinner somewhere.

#### I NEED A POST IF YOU PLAN ON COMING. TRUE STREET WILL NEED TO KNOW HOW MUCH FOOD TO BUY ####

Date: April 21st, 2012

Times: Mini Car Show at 9am, Lunch at noonish, Drivers meeting (required for all drivers in the cruise) at 12:30, and cruise will start about 1pm.

Where: Starts at True Street Motorsports (1006 North Tennessee Street McKinney, TX 75069)

Cost: Only cost is $10 if you wish to participate in the spirited group. Any donation is greatly appreciated.

Here are some videos that showcase our past cruises:

This is the video from DFWCharityRacing.com's Spring 2010 Cruise. We had about 50 cars show and cruised from McKinney to Sherman taking the back roads. We th...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrRfUx_bvfs

Sounds like a lot of fun. Wish I could make it. Racing at redline Saturday night. Damn.
    Vortex rear stand $75
    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
    11 4 door
    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Having the nephews B-day party that day at my place. I'm pretty sure you all run thru the back roads where I live. I'll probably hear you all as you drive thru.

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
        Sounds like a lot of fun. Wish I could make it. Racing at redline Saturday night. Damn.
        You go can to the track any other weekend. This is for a good cause and only twice a year event.

Twisty, curvy country roads > driving in a straight line for 7 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          You go can to the track any other weekend. This is for a good cause and only twice a year event.

Twisty, curvy country roads > driving in a straight line for 7 seconds.
          only because it's the 7.0 class.
          Vortex rear stand $75
          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
          11 4 door
          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Working...
          X