NASA CMC Cars/Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASA CMC Cars/Class

First I want to say thanks to Matt(aggie97) for all of the info he has already provided, this thread is pretty much directed at him.

So I was checking the lap times from the last couple of event's in TX, and it seems like the Camaros are usually running the fastest laps. Is this the case nationally as well? Or can we get the pos 4 link/strut to perform as well as a f-body?
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
    First I want to say thanks to Matt(aggie97) for all of the info he has already provided, this thread is pretty much directed at him.

So I was checking the lap times from the last couple of event's in TX, and it seems like the Camaros are usually running the fastest laps. Is this the case nationally as well? Or can we get the pos 4 link/strut to perform as well as a f-body?
    go back a few years more and the mustangs do pretty well. There are ways within the rules that racers are making the 4 link work with the MM panhard and only one of the upper arms with bushings in it also known as the poor man's 3 link. There is a reason the fox mustangs keep getting adjusted on race weight compared to the camaros...they are just as fast. Also, you can't just set a blanket statement about which car is faster. There are SEVERAL different levels of prep on each car and each driver has significantly different skill levels. Each car has it's advantages at each track and with different drivers. Personally, stick with what you know and make it work within the rules.

Now that being said, I think the camaro is the cheapest to get fast. basically shocks, springs, front brakes and a cage and you are there. Mustangs require a bit more work with the rear suspension but are just as capable. They also have WAY more off the shelf parts that are sexier than what the camaro can get easily....again, comes back to stick with what you know well. The best mod or platform is the one with the seasoned driver behind the wheel. The guy with the most seat time will have the fastest car on track.

Comment

Cool, what is the skinny on the best PM3L? The functional upper arm has a spherical on the axle end, and poly on the body end?
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
        Cool, what is the skinny on the best PM3L? The functional upper arm has a spherical on the axle end, and poly on the body end?
        some are using that setup and they are destroying the poly bushing. spherical on both ends is ideal but the current offering for the axle end are lasting long either. Another issue is axle hop under braking once the bushings start to have slop.

However, the fastest SN95 in TX was not running the PM3L....again, what fits your budget and driving style...?

Comment

Assuming the frame is straight, this might be a good starting point for CMC.

Comment

Working...
          X