Henry (Rick Modena), this is for you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry (Rick Modena), this is for you!

Wait, I didn't buy it for you, got my order in, ran out last week!

Im trying some Colonite 845 polish right now. If it doesnt last awhile I will give Zaino a try next.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Im trying some Colonite 845 polish right now. If it doesnt last awhile I will give Zaino a try next.
      I've never heard of that brand, but I'll say this. Ditch it and get some Zaino. :-)

I ordered 2 of the applicators, but got 3 for some reason. With shipping the order was like $49 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
        I've never heard of that brand, but I'll say this. Ditch it and get some Zaino. :-)

I ordered 2 of the applicators, but got 3 for some reason. With shipping the order was like $49 I think.
        49 bucks, is that all? Wow, I expected it to much more expensive.

Comment

49 bucks, is that all? Wow, I expected it to much more expensive.
          Shit, my bad.

Subtotal: $49.85
          Tax: $0.00
          Shipping: $9.95
          Total: $59.80

But yeah, it isn't really expensive for the quality product you get. The spray is great for touch ups, but not necessary at all if you wanted to save a few bucks, and you can get the applicators cheaper at an auto parts store, but I didn't want to go to one so I just ordered them.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
            Shit, my bad.

Subtotal: $49.85
            Tax: $0.00
            Shipping: $9.95
            Total: $59.80

But yeah, it isn't really expensive for the quality product you get. The spray is great for touch ups, but not necessary at all if you wanted to save a few bucks, and you can get the applicators cheaper at an auto parts store, but I didn't want to go to one so I just ordered them.
            Sixty bucks still isnt bad. Ive talked to a couple different vendors before at shows. The Tropicare guy was trying to sell me some starter kit for 300 bucks!

Comment

Sixty bucks still isnt bad. Ive talked to a couple different vendors before at shows. The Tropicare guy was trying to sell me some starter kit for 300 bucks!
              Fuck that noise! Just wash the car with Dawn dish soap first, it removes old wax very well. Then dry it off and make sure there are no water spots. This is not a polish, it is like a clear coat really, so any water spots on the car will be "sealed in" or visible and not removed when the Zaino is wiped back off.

All you really need is Z2 (pinkish stuff in the bottle) and the ZFX (small box of little tubes, one has the ZFX liquid in it you add to Z2 and shake it up).

Comment

lol @ Rob!

Zaino is the best IMO. And ive tried just about all of them. From expensive to cheap, hell sometimes the cheaper shit comes out just as good as high dollar shit.
                I use what works and Zaino has always come through for me and anyone I have turned it on too. If Zaino was expensive I would still use it, but at $20.00 a bottle, they get all of my business.
                I don't know what happened to Steve Pastor, he seemed to have a product that was similar to Zaino but from what I heard it was not as good. And I haven't seen or heard from him in a while and he live just up the road from me. Back in the day he was the Zaino rep in this area and then he started marketing his own stuff.
                Hes the one that turned me on too Zaino circa 2001...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  lol @ Rob!

Zaino is the best IMO. And ive tried just about all of them. From expensive to cheap, hell sometimes the cheaper shit comes out just as good as high dollar shit.
                  I use what works and Zaino has always come through for me and anyone I have turned it on too. If Zaino was expensive I would still use it, but at $20.00 a bottle, they get all of my business.
                  I don't know what happened to Steve Pastor, he seemed to have a product that was similar to Zaino but from what I heard it was not as good. And I haven't seen or heard from him in a while and he live just up the road from me. Back in the day he was the Zaino rep in this area and then he started marketing his own stuff.
                  Hes the one that turned me on too Zaino circa 2001...
                  He's now a dealer for ShowroomFX.

Comment

Henry..have you used the "new" Z2 pro compared to the old Z2. I used the "new" one this time around(stang and fusion other day) and was able to remove it a lot easier than the old Z2. I need to order the ZFX.

Comment

He's now a dealer for ShowroomFX.
                      Yes I know. I also know where his shop is located and where he lives. Steve and I have a lot of history, he trolled me to use Zaino for a few years, I never would because I am a 3M & Meguires guy and still am for my customers, but on my personal cars and people that have nice shit get the Zaino products. Once he quit being a Zaino rep, we kinda of went our seperate ways.

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                      Henry..have you used the "new" Z2 pro compared to the old Z2. I used the "new" one this time around(stang and fusion other day) and was able to remove it a lot easier than the old Z2. I need to order the ZFX.
                      Yes, I have been using the new Z2 for awhile, the ZFX will accelerate the drying times of Z2. I don't use it because I let mine sit over night and then I remove it the next day, I also always apply two coats.
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Question on the subject - does anyone know where I could take some classes on detailing? I'd really like to learn more about the art of detailing and I really don't want to fuck up my own cars trying to learn on my own.

Comment

There is really nothing to learn, if you have hand washed your own car, just be anal about it, lol! It seems to me that your cars are garage kept, this goes a long way in protecting your cars finish. If you buy your cars new, keeping them maintained is the key. No need for buffers/polishers. Hand washing and keeping a good wax/protectant will always keep your paint on your car in tip-top shape.
                          Everyone seems to think that I have painted my Cobra, aside from the BCs it is stock paint, its been garaged and Zaino'd.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            There is really nothing to learn, if you have hand washed your own car, just be anal about it, lol! It seems to me that your cars are garage kept, this goes a long way in protecting your cars finish. If you buy your cars new, keeping them maintained is the key. No need for buffers/polishers. Hand washing and keeping a good wax/protectant will always keep your paint on your car in tip-top shape.
                            Everyone seems to think that I have painted my Cobra, aside from the BCs it is stock paint, its been garaged and Zaino'd.

I'm very throuough when cleaning my cars. Taking the wheels off, cleaning the inside of the wheels, fenderwell, suspension, exhaust, gas tank cover etc. But my our Mach was daily driven for a few years and has some swirls in the paint and I'd really like to learn how to buff it out for myself instead of paying someone else to do it. I really enjoy detailing and would like to learn to do it on a higher level.

Comment

Ahh, theres a few threads with how to buff here.

Though any variable polisher and keep the speed about 2500-3500 rpms. Some soft pads (3M foam pads, black) from Eglish or any other color supplier and some swirl remover from mequires or 3M and then follow with Zaino or your wax. Its easy you'll see.

Comment

Working...
                              X