Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a foxbody painted... some repairs needed too...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a foxbody painted... some repairs needed too...

So the factory paint is wearing thin, has lifted in a few places, and some light surface rust on bare areas from hail. Problem is, I don't want to shell out $4k for a paint job on a car that I drive 600 miles every weekend... but I'm also hesitant to put a maaco paint job on it because the car has sentimental value to me... Maaco quoted $1200 for a urethane single stage + clear, painting the underside of the hatch as well as door jambs with a 4 yr warranty.. The car is black and I don't plan on changing the color.

Am I out of my mind asking body shops to quote something in that price range? The work coming out of the local Maaco here looks decent paint wise (no runs / overspray) but the truck I looked at had a lot of trash in the paint from their dirty ass booth.

Painting it myself isn't an option nor is doing the repair work.

Should I just swallow my pride and let Maaco spray it? I will eventually have a good paint job done on it, but not until I move back to dallas... I just want something to keep it from rusting up, and that looks decent.

I'm in Dallas (Mesquite) every single weekend if anyone has any ideas of places I could take it to.

I run a body shop and I can tell you that you will not get a good job for $1200. Depending on the condition of the body, $3000-$4000 is what you should expect to pay for a quality paint job. Taking it to maaco is the worst thing you can do. You would be better off not painting it because if you take it to them and then decide to get a real paint job put on it later, the shop you take it too will charge an extra $1000-1500 just to strip off the garbage that they put on there. They use cheap materials, don't prep the cars for shit and the stuff they use has NO UV protectant in it.

Comment

Contact Five Star Collison Center.
      Detailing by Dylan
      817-494-3396
      Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
      Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
        So the factory paint is wearing thin, has lifted in a few places, and some light surface rust on bare areas from hail. Problem is, I don't want to shell out $4k for a paint job on a car that I drive 600 miles every weekend... but I'm also hesitant to put a maaco paint job on it because the car has sentimental value to me... Maaco quoted $1200 for a urethane single stage + clear, painting the underside of the hatch as well as door jambs with a 4 yr warranty.. The car is black and I don't plan on changing the color.

Am I out of my mind asking body shops to quote something in that price range? The work coming out of the local Maaco here looks decent paint wise (no runs / overspray) but the truck I looked at had a lot of trash in the paint from their dirty ass booth.

Painting it myself isn't an option nor is doing the repair work.

Should I just swallow my pride and let Maaco spray it? I will eventually have a good paint job done on it, but not until I move back to dallas... I just want something to keep it from rusting up, and that looks decent.

I'm in Dallas (Mesquite) every single weekend if anyone has any ideas of places I could take it to.
        I can get you a better deal then that. Just pm me.

Comment

Did you ever get the car painted?

Comment

Working...
          X