Nasa at TWS results!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasa at TWS results!

Well, I finally got the car on track for some racing for the first time in 2 years. Mostly a flawless weekend in Super Touring 2 with wins in 4 of the 4 races. 3 in the mustang till it sprang a pretty serious trans leak at the vent and then took the wife's camaro out in race 4 for a win!

Grip at the track seemed lower than normal but matched a previous best time from 2 years ago which made me feel good about the weekend...but got slower all weekend as the heat rolled in and the track got slick and the tires went away. Did score a new best time in the wife's car though even though it was overheating and pulling timing. I think it's a good 2 seconds faster than what I ran but will have to find a way to keep it cool!

It took less time than I thought to get back in the saddle and find my "edge" but had to throw out all the doubts as soon as the green fell. Despite getting out qualified all weekend, at the end of the day I was on top of the podium. 1 fast lap is hard to do, but racecraft is the key to winning!

Anyway, had a great weekend and looking forward to getting back into the groove of hard nosed door to door racing!

Cool!

What times do yall run a tws?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
      Cool!

What times do yall run a tws?
      I ran a 1:52.3 in practice saturday morning on fresh tires and being 352# overweight for the class. Top ST2 car ran a 50.2 but had problems during the races. It went downhill from there to high 54's by the end of the weekend as the tires went away and I headed the wrong direction with shock settings. Overall happy as hell after being out of the game for 2 years.

Comment

awesome stuff matt. what's the wife's camaro have on it?
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
          awesome stuff matt. what's the wife's camaro have on it?
          similar aero package to mine with big ass wing/splitter. Ls6 with a cam making about 379 to wheels. similar prep as my car but about 200# heavier. It's a beast!

I'm working on uploading some pictures to my site and will post links later. A friend of ours was snapping photos Sunday morning and got some nice shots that are even better than the photographer on site selling pics!

I'll warn you. both cars look a little rough as hers is almost ready to go to paint for a coat of Panther Pink and my car got a new set of Meier racing fenders about 4 days before the event and I had no time to paint them because I was completing the cage work in the camaro but they are good action shots for sure. there are 5 or 6 of her in the carousel in sequence that I'd like to put into an animated gif as an action sequence but need to learn how! Make a nice birthday gift for her!
          Last edited by aggie97; 04-30-2012, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I'm computer challenged but there is a list of photos in this link....

Oops, looks like the page is lost. Start your website on the cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
              I'll warn you. both cars look a little rough as hers is almost ready to go to paint for a coat of Panther Pink and my car got a new set of Meier racing fenders about 4 days before the event and I had no time to paint them because I was completing the cage work in the camaro but they are good action shots for sure.
              Who gives a shit how they look, as long as they run hard
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Is that a removable gurney flap on the wing? I found some photos on an old computer of your car at a Laps for Charity around '05. Slight difference compared to the current iteration.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnTheAggie View Post
                  Is that a removable gurney flap on the wing? I found some photos on an old computer of your car at a Laps for Charity around '05. Slight difference compared to the current iteration.
                  Yeah. Basically a 1/2" aluminum angle. Car has changed a lot.... but same fat driver. Wish I had the time and willpower to lose about 70 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                  X