24-hr Chump Car @TWS May 19th/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24-hr Chump Car @TWS May 19th/20

Who going? If anyone want to help/hangout let me know. We have five folks and we are all driving so we'll be busy as usual. We trashed our ebay/early 90's global west panhard bar at the last race so we built a new one with 5/8 hardware and .120 wall tubing. It should be much stronger now. While we were at it I had it in my head to get rid of the funky single upper with the PM3L setup and build a more symmetrical centered upper 3rd link mount. Pretty much thought it up in my head/copied a few I saw on the internets. Who knows if it will work well, but it doesn't bind and is all 3/16 plate 5/8 hardware. Wost case I make another attempt with a longer link and at worst shit-can the entire thing and run the traditional single upper on one side. My main concern right now is the pinion angle change with suspension travel and getting a much stiffer spring under there. We are going to try cutting a stock front spring and cramming it in there. I know the shocks won't keep up but it just moves around so free right now. Hello understeer.

Good luck! If/when you need another driver hit me up!
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

You need to triangulate that ph body mount. A lot. It will break off in turn 7 on the first hot lap.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
        You need to triangulate that ph body mount. A lot. It will break off in turn 7 on the first hot lap.
        Yeah it has brace on it now over to the other frame rail.

Comment

sweet
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

What motor?
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

2.3 NA dual plug. Ranger header and a ranger alternator. Probably makes 80 or so rwhp and a massive amount torque...

Comment

Wow. Was thinking 2.3t with bo-port lettering on the car.

I need to post my Christmas presents that just arrived for mine.
                86 SVO - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

We've got a 2.3t nut (justa4banger) on our team.

Comment

I haven't met him, but apparently I'm one of them too. If I can get my camera battery to charge, you'll see.
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

There will be two cheatin SHOs at TWS Chump. We have decided it is cost prohibited to run nitro-methane but will have our 120lb bottle filled with NAWZZZ (yes I just spelled just like that.)

We put in another tranny after trashing (again) the last one at ECR Lemons. Also we did put on new gabriel autozone struts. (See more cheatin!) According to the rules we replaced due to the old ones being trashed and dangerous for racing. We'll be bringing the old ones for proof. Other than getting the lights ready I think we are ready to go VRRROOOMMM!

Diggin the Mustang mods. A strong four banger is a good idea for this race. I'm not going to like my Visa fuel bill after this race!!!
                      Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

More progress completed....

Hey Chaos, did you get some boport stuff? if so what did you get?

As for running a turbo 2.3 in a crapcan racer... lol, I love 2.3 but in boosted form, there nothing endurance about them...

Comment

Originally posted by Justa4Banger View Post
                          More progress completed....

Hey Chaos, did you get some boport stuff? if so what did you get?

As for running a turbo 2.3 in a crapcan racer... lol, I love 2.3 but in boosted form, there nothing endurance about them...
                          Chaos? I like that, but I think Talisman has that handled. I ordered pulleys, valve cover, windage tray, and a few other small things. The only thing I have from Bo is an SS header, but I got it used, but never installed.

I'm ready to get this thing together, but I need to drop some cash in my 65 F100 to prep for the power tour. It's always something.
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

Team SHOTime/Black Taurus SHO

First chump car race and enjoyed everything about it. Staff was super nice and everything seem to go without a hitch.

We had a great time although this was our first night race. We drove like we had Ms Daisy in the backseat going to the store. Daylight it was back to business. We'll have to work on driving at night. That's a whole new world for us.

I went four wheels off after cooking the corner before the carousel. I eased back on, waved at the corner worker and back to racing. I didn't have to come in to do a handstand and whistle the star spangled banner. Quite refreshing!

Our apologies for dumping every drop of oil and water on the track Sunday morning. Seems like a rod decided it wanted to think outside the box (block) and ejected itself. We are thinking oil starvation which is a big DOH! Stupid rookie mistake we should have taken care of.

Great meeting everyone and had a blast. Looking forward to the next race
                            Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Well we ended up moving the 3rd link axle mount to the top tube (5th picture) because the link was just too short and changed the pinion angle when the suspension traveled to full compression. The third link worked great however the panhard setup broke, again. The first panhard setup was a cheap e-bay lightweight street piece that actually lasted a while, but eventually blew up. This one was made with much stronger material, but I didn't do all my homework on the design. That combined with a good tire setup and a awesome track proved to be too much at around the 2:00AM mark. Luckily it broke just before turn 7. The transmission was puking fluid from somewhere and howling like mad so it more than likely would have shit the bed fairly soon anyways. (original t5 8 races same fluid with no service) We decided instead of patching it all together and becoming a safety hazard on the track at night we would call it a race. Everyone ended up driving (some twice) and we were all thrilled with how well the car was running. The motor was almost flawless.

I think TWS is probably my favorite track I've driven on so far. That turn 7 with the banking and the uphill part is damn fast. We were able to take in full throttle in 4th and it puts some serious force into the car. In the dark was kind of nuts. Last time we ran at night our lights held us back so we went kind of crazy with a nice HID setup and they worked better than expected.

All we need to do before the next race is do over the panhard bar and service the t5/rear end. Best time of the day was a 2:13 with a hired gun at the wheel and one of our guys (justa4banger) did his best in the dark. (2:15)

Comment

Working...
                              X