Spencer fined for hit on Vick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spencer fined for hit on Vick

Two people with direct knowledge of the decision say Cowboys linebacker Anthony Spencer has been fined $12,500 by the NFL for knocking helmets with Philadelphia quarterback Michael Vick.

Wow, that was a bullshit make-up call to start with. Olshansky hit Vick harder than Spencer did. The refs were just callin a penalty to shut Andy Reid up for the almost out of bounds hit Spencer laid on Vick earlier. Guess it's true, squeeky wheel gets the grease.
    .223 > 911

Comment

I didn't read the article, but was it the helmet to helmet that went uncalled? Because I know for a fact he got away with one.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        I didn't read the article, but was it the helmet to helmet that went uncalled? Because I know for a fact he got away with one.
        No the helmet to helmet was called. The no-call was an almost late hit out of bounds. He didn't get away with it, because it was never a penalty. Vick was not out of bounds yet, and is known to cut back towards the middle of the field. Reid has been loudly complaining that the refs are not calling hits on Vick that they would call for Manning or Favre, which is true. The problem though isn't that they don't call the hits on Vick, but that they shouldn't be calling the hits for the "protected" QB's. If you're in the NFL, and you want the ball in your hands, you can expect to get the shit knocked out of you. If you can't handle that, then don't play. They need to stop babying Manning, Favre, Brady, etc.
        .223 > 911

Comment

Working...
        X