G-Body help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-Body help!

I just recently bought a Buick T-type, it has been slightly modded. I'm looking for someone to tune my car. I have tried calling (2x)Travis and couldn't get anyone on the phone. Anybody know of someone that knows anything about these cars and how to tune them? Bill Duke is not a option. Thanks-J

Originally posted by JMAC View Post
    I just recently bought a Buick T-type, it has been slightly modded. I'm looking for someone to tune my car. I have tried calling (2x)Travis and couldn't get anyone on the phone. Anybody know of someone that knows anything about these cars and how to tune them? Bill Duke is not a option. Thanks-J
    simple quick racing are the only ones i know of that i would let touch the car.

Comment

Get ahold of disco stu on turbobuick.com he's in austin or san antonio area

Comment

Don't take it to the dukes. I have a grand national they have done work on and it is horrible
        1997 viper gts
        1986 turbo mustang
        1987 Buick grand national
        1972 nova

Comment

I bought a Kenne Bell'd foxbody from a guy several years ago that lives in the Lewisville area I think. He's done a lot of tuning on the GN's and turbo Buicks. His name is Jay Carter but I can't find any contact information for him...

Comment

Thanks guys. Sqr, have they done any local gn's running around?

Comment

Originally posted by JMAC View Post
              Thanks guys. Sqr, have they done any local gn's running around?
              i dont know of them doing any gn's, but i dont know of anyone doing gn's. i chose sqr for you because they are good enough to be able to handle it and nice enough to point you to someone who can if they cant instead of fucking your shit up. hell almighty brooks uses them.

Comment

There's also Dallas Auto Sports on Garland Rd, just north of the White Rock spillway. They're more a classic car garage, but they're not dreamers or turds, and they can work on damn near anything. They know their stuff. They're also not the cheapest, btw.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I've used Bill before, and he's a GREAT guy to do business with, but SLOW as hell. lol.

Simple Quick MAY do it, but I doubt it (817)738-RACE.

If they don't ask them how to get ahold of Jason Henderson, he's an ex-buick nut, gone transmission builder. He may do it, but will definitely know someone who does.

Comment

Turbobuick.com will be your friend, there's a lot of knowledgeable guys on there.

Comment

I'll be doing alot of calling tomorrow, thanks! Hopefully I can find someone local.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                        I've used Bill before, and he's a GREAT guy to do business with, but SLOW as hell. lol.

Simple Quick MAY do it, but I doubt it (817)738-RACE.

If they don't ask them how to get ahold of Jason Henderson, he's an ex-buick nut, gone transmission builder. He may do it, but will definitely know someone who does.
                        I think Bill tuned his cars as well..

I got a built C4 from hit its bad ass.

As far as Bills tuning, I don't think anyone knows more about GNs then him. Just do all the repairs first then send it for a tune.
                        Last edited by dutchboy; 12-21-2010, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dutchboy View Post
                          I think Bill tuned his cars as well..

I got a built C4 from hit its bad ass.

As far as Bills tuning, I don't think anyone knows more about GNs then him. Just do all the repairs first then send it for a tune.
                          Yeah, back in the day, I think Bill did tune Jason's car or help Jason tune it - but I'm relatively sure Jason started doing his own thing later on... He's a smart guy and can definitely handle the job IF he's tuning, but he may only do transmissions.. IDK.

Comment

I called SQR and they don't do anything for these cars. I asked for jason's # and got a weird silence. I gave them my # haven't heard back yet.

Comment

I'll give them a call and see what he says...

Comment

Working...
                              X