Window Nets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Nets?

So I woke up at 4a.m. this morning realizing I forgot to order a window net for the chumps race. AHHHHHH!

Thinking about a Mesh unit.

With some night racing does anyone have any + or minus thoughts with window nets?

Mucho appreciado!
    Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
    So I woke up at 4a.m. this morning realizing I forgot to order a window net for the chumps race. AHHHHHH!

Thinking about a Mesh unit.

With some night racing does anyone have any + or minus thoughts with window nets?

Mucho appreciado!
    Mesh. Only input you need. Just make sure you buy one with an SFI label. Many are advertising they "meet or exceed SFI standards" but they don't have the label and are worthless.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I went with a mesh hybrid pretty much simply cause the kit was complete and has a label.

I appreciate the label info. Last thing I need is a "uh oh" at tech.
      Murph

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
        Thanks for the info.

I went with a mesh hybrid pretty much simply cause the kit was complete and has a label.

I appreciate the label info. Last thing I need is a "uh oh" at tech.
        Does anyone else make a hybrid net?
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
          Does anyone else make a hybrid net?
          I don't know of any. We used the one in the link and like it.

I like having the mesh part of it also incase something small comes flying through.
          Murph

Comment

I ended up just getting a teamtech net, looks pretty nice.

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
              I ended up just getting a teamtech net, looks pretty nice.

Be sure you mount it well with tabs WELDED to the cage. I tech'd a race car this past event that has had a log book for 3 or 4 years. The net was screwed to the B pilar at the rear using a hose clamp, and the forward "release" was hose clamped to the cage. The rear lower mount again was "hose clamped with a sheet metal screw" to the b pilar and the lower forward connection was on the door bar covered in duct tape. I asked the owner to remove the tape and found NOTHING holding it in place....just the duct tape. A cable is ok but it better have good terminations or be crimped.

Also, be sure that it falls out of your way for exit and doesn't get hung up on the door.

Comment

Working...
              X