Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it a big deal if a pure bred female dog is knocked up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it a big deal if a pure bred female dog is knocked up?

I never understood this. I have heard that if a bitch gets pregnant by another dog that is not of the same pedigree, that somehow she is no longer fit for breeding pure breds. Is that true and why? Its not like the old mutt's little swimmers stay in the bitch indefinitely making mutt pups. How does this ruin the bitch for breeding?

No means no Frank!
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
      No means no Frank!
      haha! well played sir!

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

For people that breed dogs exclusively, the only thing I can think of is that a dog can only have so many litters of puppies, and having her go through the process with non-pedigree offspring can be seen as a waste.

Comment

$$$$$$
          07 GT500
          05 SRT10
          88 turbocoupe T-bird
          93 Cobra
          86 coupe
          Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
            No means no Frank!
            damn near choked on my breakfast. well played sir!

Comment

Its a waste of time, pure breed pups pay more.
              04 GT
              91 LX

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                I never understood this. I have heard that if a bitch gets pregnant by another dog that is not of the same pedigree, that somehow she is no longer fit for breeding pure breds. Is that true and why? Its not like the old mutt's little swimmers stay in the bitch indefinitely making mutt pups. How does this ruin the bitch for breeding?
                Would you be mad if I came over and knocked up your old lady?

Comment

Originally posted by gip99gt View Post
                  Its a waste of time, pure breed pups pay more.
                  I don't think you understood the question. If the mother is pure bred, papers and all, but some mongrel gets to her accidently and knocks her up, is she forever "tainted" from ever breeding with another pure bred papered mate? Are those pure bred pups still looked upon as pure?

Comment

Originally posted by KCHAR View Post
                    Would you be mad if I came over and knocked up your old lady?
                    do i get to keep the skrilla from the "sell" of the litter?

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                      I don't think you understood the question. If the mother is pure bred, papers and all, but some mongrel gets to her accidently and knocks her up, is she forever "tainted" from ever breeding with another pure bred papered mate? Are those pure bred pups still looked upon as pure?
                      It's an OOOOOOOLD school logic in the breeding world. In today's world, it's frowned upon for other reasons. She's not ruined, but a reputable breeder will wait a heat cycle between whelping and subsequent breeding. It also means one whelp was wasted on worthless puppies.

Apart from that, it's an indication that the owner isn't a responsible breeder. If she's not being protected during heat, there is no guarantee that her litters are going to be purebred. Multiple-sired litters are possible within the cycle, if she isn't isolated.

All in all, it's bad breeding.

Comment

I've heard it disrupts the DNA and ruins the bitch, like a white girl that is sired by a black buck.

Comment

Originally posted by sean88gt View Post
                          i've heard it disrupts the dna and ruins the bitch, like a white girl that is sired by a black buck.
                          racist!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                            It's an OOOOOOOLD school logic in the breeding world. In today's world, it's frowned upon for other reasons. She's not ruined, but a reputable breeder will wait a heat cycle between whelping and subsequent breeding. It also means one whelp was wasted on worthless puppies.

Apart from that, it's an indication that the owner isn't a responsible breeder. If she's not being protected during heat, there is no guarantee that her litters are going to be purebred. Multiple-sired litters are possible within the cycle, if she isn't isolated.

All in all, it's bad breeding.
                            Finally, an answer that makes sense.

You sure know alot about breeding and milking.

Comment

Its been many years since I was in that circle, but it was more frowned upon, that a ruined bitch.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X