Went shooting with my dad today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went shooting with my dad today.

My parents are in town, so my brother and I decided to take my dad shooting. He took me and my brother shooting when we were kids, so he is responsible for my love and respect for guns. Only difference was that this time, we had more toys to play with

Fun! Did the same with my dad and uncle when they came to town, only to have my 16 year old hand us our asses on grouping with the AR. The .308 was where I held the bragging rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      Fun! Did the same with my dad and uncle when they came to town, only to have my 16 year old hand us our asses on grouping with the AR. The .308 was where I held the bragging rights.
      I didn't really set up any paper to properly judge who was more accurate, but we did set up quite a few steel targets to shoot. Ringing steel puts a smile on everyone's face! My favorite was the target I bought from BigDogSteel.com. It was 233 yards away we were hitting it with everything. I was surprised my brother was able to hit it consistently with my AR with a .22lr upper.

Comment

That's a nice looking AK47.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
        Originally posted by Denny
        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          That's a nice looking AK47.
          Thanks. I got it from Lancaster Arms. Don't ever ever ever ever give them one cent of your money.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
            Thanks. I got it from Lancaster Arms. Don't ever ever ever ever give them one cent of your money.
            Have you had issues with the gun itself or the company?
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
              Have you had issues with the gun itself or the company?
              It took me a year to get my AK. Granted I was in Iraq/Afghanistan (can't remember where) and couldn't call all the time, but they don't answer emails and they will promise you the world if you can actually get them to answer the phone. They are famous for telling you that they will ship your rifle today and email you the tracking number tomorrow. I think it is their AK-74s that have problems, so I think mine is ok.

Comment

Thats out at the Sand Pit right? Looks like a really nice place to shoot, though you brought along a lot of nice comforts (tent, bench, chairs, tarp...)

Comment

Yeah, it is at the Sand Pit. The Bench was already out there and we brought everything else.

Comment

So where is this exactly?
                    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Just outside of Greenville.
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                        So where is this exactly?
                        Yup, about an hour drive for you. That is what it takes me to get out there. You would have to talk to Kevin, the owner, to get exact location and information. I know he still has plenty of slots open for people who are interested.

*EDIT* FYI, the owner lives in McKinney also.

Comment

Dunno if you know or not, (I did not) the manual 3 dollar launchers for clays are a whole lot more fun!
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                            Dunno if you know or not, (I did not) the manual 3 dollar launchers for clays are a whole lot more fun!
                            The hand held ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
                              The hand held ones?
                              Yes, they generally go farther and then you can roll the clay...make it skim the ground, go high..fast, slow...different directions. I spent 60 or so bucks on a launcher and it was okay. I had also bought a couple of hand launchers and was pleasantly surprised.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X