Plug in line Converter 12 gt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug in line Converter 12 gt

Anybody know of any companies that make a plug in line converter for a 12gt ?
    I tried searching online and all I can find is the universal ones that you tap into the speaker wires.
    07 GT500
    05 SRT10
    88 turbocoupe T-bird
    93 Cobra
    86 coupe
    Ducati 848

What kind of amp are you using? Some will allow you to tap the car wiring and run directly into either the speaker level input or rca input without adding a LOC. Most cheap LOC's do more harm than good to the signal. Some companies like Audio control, Cache, JL Audio, etc have electronic LOC's that sound much better and some have processing as well. You may also be able to use the PAC AOEM-FRD24 which is an inline converter that allows the factory system to remain the same and gives you two pair of level adjustable RCAs. It is listed to work for 2010 Mustangs so it may work BUT...it will not work with some audio systems so read the directions before you buy. Too much work/money just to get a passive LOC audio signal IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
      What kind of amp are you using? Some will allow you to tap the car wiring and run directly into either the speaker level input or rca input without adding a LOC. Most cheap LOC's do more harm than good to the signal. Some companies like Audio control, Cache, JL Audio, etc have electronic LOC's that sound much better and some have processing as well. You may also be able to use the PAC AOEM-FRD24 which is an inline converter that allows the factory system to remain the same and gives you two pair of level adjustable RCAs. It is listed to work for 2010 Mustangs so it may work BUT...it will not work with some audio systems so read the directions before you buy. Too much work/money just to get a passive LOC audio signal IMO.
      Im running a JLXD700 which only has low level inputs. I needed up going with a Pac Soe-4 and soldering it to the factory wires behind the head unit. I was wanting a plug in one so I didn't have to cut the factory wires. I looked at the Audio control Lc2 but it only had one set of rca outputs and I would have to use a Y-plug and lose my fader ability. I will eventually change out the head unit when they come out with a better looking kit for the 11-12 mustangs.
      07 GT500
      05 SRT10
      88 turbocoupe T-bird
      93 Cobra
      86 coupe
      Ducati 848

Comment

JL XD700/5 will accept speaker level input directly into the RCAs. When I have them in stock, I use the JL Audio XD-CLRAIC2-SW. When I don't, I just cut an RCA in half and solder on.

The Metra kit looks good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
          JL XD700/5 will accept speaker level input directly into the RCAs. When I have them in stock, I use the JL Audio XD-CLRAIC2-SW. When I don't, I just cut an RCA in half and solder on.

The Metra kit looks good to me.
          Thats cool, I did not know about the RCA accepting speaker level input on that amp. The metra kit does look pretty good. I saw the other brand that was out and it looked cheap looking.

Which sound processor do you recommend ?
          07 GT500
          05 SRT10
          88 turbocoupe T-bird
          93 Cobra
          86 coupe
          Ducati 848

Comment

Although I have not used one, I would think that the Alpine PXA-H800/RUX-C800 combo would be a good complete unit. Last week a customer brought in a Zapco amp with their built in processing that uses a laptop to tune. He could not get it working so we did. Worked well and laptop interface was great.

Comment

Working...
            X